Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi all, I have just sat my AS exams doing Maths mechanics, Chemistry, Physics and Politics with predicted grades of BBAA respectively. However my exams went terribly and I came out with BDD in Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I have had conversations with teacher and staff etc. and I have decided to resit my chemistry and physics and I am on track for an A in maths next year. my predicted grades will change to ABB in Maths, Chemistry and Physics respectively. Myplan was to apply for chemical engineering to Newcastle, Sheffield, Liverpool and Queen Mary's London however due to this mess up I am unsure as to what my options are. I have good work experience and plenty for extra curricular and my predicted grades remain the same as what these universities require but I am unsure how much my results will stop when applying to university. do I still apply or wait a year and apply once I have my A2 results (if they go as planned) grateful for any advice Also I have also looked into Chemistry as another alternative to chemical engineering which has similar if not slightly lower grade requirements thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcoulson)
    hi all, I have just sat my AS exams doing Maths mechanics, Chemistry, Physics and Politics with predicted grades of BBAA respectively. However my exams went terribly and I came out with BDD in Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I have had conversations with teacher and staff etc. and I have decided to resit my chemistry and physics and I am on track for an A in maths next year. my predicted grades will change to ABB in Maths, Chemistry and Physics respectively. Myplan was to apply for chemical engineering to Newcastle, Sheffield, Liverpool and Queen Mary's London however due to this mess up I am unsure as to what my options are. I have good work experience and plenty for extra curricular and my predicted grades remain the same as what these universities require but I am unsure how much my results will stop when applying to university. do I still apply or wait a year and apply once I have my A2 results (if they go as planned) grateful for any advice Also I have also looked into Chemistry as another alternative to chemical engineering which has similar if not slightly lower grade requirements thanks again
    you should apply anyway . there's no harm in applying this year.they tend to look at your predicted grades, i think so you still have a chance to get some offers.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i'll give it a shot also the Edinburgh chemical physics course again is at ABB however I don't know whether or not I'm punching above my weight with them?

ReputationRep:
    queen mary dont do chem eng

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just apply and resit the papers! As long as you put the work in you'll be fine, the work is a lot easier looking back on it! I messed up my AS levels, got BBC (Maths, Physics and Geography) and then managed to get A*A*A at A2. Now going to the University of Manchester to study Physics.
    It sounds as if you have a strong application, so universities will make you offers, don't worry, I would stick to what you were originally going to apply to!
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Check your grade requirements, don't unis approximate your grade based on your previous results? If they need your A levels to meet requirements - consider a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBeardedGuy)
    Hi, just apply and resit the papers! As long as you put the work in you'll be fine, the work is a lot easier looking back on it! I messed up my AS levels, got BBC (Maths, Physics and Geography) and then managed to get A*A*A at A2. Now going to the University of Manchester to study Physics.
    It sounds as if you have a strong application, so universities will make you offers, don't worry, I would stick to what you were originally going to apply to!
    Best of luck!
    Thanks I shall do and just hope I get the offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Check your grade requirements, don't unis approximate your grade based on your previous results? If they need your A levels to meet requirements - consider a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that was my worry, I had planned a gap year but wanted to get stuck in, however If I don't get offers then i'll most take it and reapply

(Original post by jcoulson)
    hi all, I have just sat my AS exams doing Maths mechanics, Chemistry, Physics and Politics with predicted grades of BBAA respectively. However my exams went terribly and I came out with BDD in Maths, Chemistry and Physics.
    Did you get a U in politics?

I second what everybody else has said: apply and, if you don't get offers, work hard at A2 and apply with achieved grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Did you get a U in politics?

I second what everybody else has said: apply and, if you don't get offers, work hard at A2 and apply with achieved grades.
    I got a C in politics however it was more of a try out subject as it was the first time i could take it

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.