The Student Room Group

Anger Over Immigration

A petition has been created by what seems to be a Polish plumber, judging by the grammar and speeeling and emotive language without much explanation. It's a damned shame, because there are legitimate issues and reasons for ending immigration- for a brief period at the very least.

The petition has gained over 160,000 signatures within a very short amount of time, in response to Cameron's back-peddling on the refugee support. Many believe it's an invasion, be there guns or no guns. This belief that we need more people on our isles to work cheaply for us is nonsense: we saw a declining birth rate because we became an industrial and mechanised nation with greater hygiene.

There are both economic and cultural reasons why people find immigration unnecessary or even detrimental to the country- the land itself is going to be at bursting point soon, with green belt areas being consumed by money hungry land developers. Are you all so naive that you would rather Big Business have their way and earn even more money, squeezing us for all they can whilst offering no benefit? Our lands will be gone, it will become a land of isolation where the only views will be found on the Internet.

We are also not a nation of infinite wealth: we cannot fuel the rest of the world or absorb more people when we don't have the jobs or exports to support them when they arrive. This is our retirement fund decaying before our eyes.

Sign and share the petition if you agree immigration should be halted for at least the time-being: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106477

Stand up for your people. Understand that the British people have a right to exist as much as everyone else. We want our borders secured. Why else am I funding the armed forces?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mister Morality
A petition has been created by what seems to be a Polish plumber, judging by the grammar and speeeling and emotive language without much explanation. It's a damned shame, because there are legitimate issues and reasons for ending immigration- for a brief period at the very least.

The petition has gained over 160,000 signatures within a very short amount of time, in response to Cameron's back-peddling on the refugee support. Many believe it's an invasion, be there guns or no guns. This belief that we need more people on our isles to work cheaply for us is nonsense: we saw a declining birth rate because we became an industrial and mechanised nation with greater hygiene.

There are both economic and cultural reasons why people find immigration unnecessary or even detrimental to the country- the land itself is going to be at bursting point soon, with green belt areas being consumed by money hungry land developers. Are you all so naive that you would rather Big Business have their way and earn even more money, squeezing us for all they can whilst offering no benefit? Our lands will be gone, it will become a land of isolation where the only views will be found on the Internet.

We are also not a nation of infinite wealth: we cannot fuel the rest of the world or absorb more people when we don't have the jobs or exports to support them when they arrive. This is our retirement fund decaying before our eyes.

Sign and share the petition if you agree immigration should be halted for at least the time-being: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106477

Stand up for your people. Understand that the British people have a right to exist as much as everyone else. We want our borders secured. Why else am I funding the armed forces?

We Bulgarians shout out the same message.

If you meet a Bulgarian politician to deny it, you will know he is a communist and deserves to be shut immediately.

I wish you to speak Bulgarian in order to understand how much Bulgarians are the same like Britons.

We don't want what's happening too.

I know many other nations are absolutely unhappy too.

I believe politicians are selling us as chickens for money and power.

I will take a close look before deciding will I sign anything.

If it fits my vision, I will sign it.
Eh, we are a nation of infinite wealth, because wealth is not in a static, unlimited quality, but is produced constantly by productive human beings.
Reply 3
Original post by WhiteSatin
We Bulgarians shout out the same message.

аз разбирам.

Translation: I understand.
Original post by The Dictator
Eh, we are a nation of infinite wealth, because wealth is not in a static, unlimited quality, but is produced constantly by productive human beings.

Ok... Whose wealth is that? The nations or the people's? Consider if the NATION has x amount of money- the more people inside the nation, the thinner spread that money is. The poorer everyone becomes. Remember, if you import the third world, you get third world problems.
I signed this petition back at 80,000 signatures. The reason I chose to sign it was because I worry about the increased threat of terrorism which may come with all of these people coming into the UK. ISIS have already said that they are planning to use the migrant crisis to infiltrate the west, and halting immigration to the UK will greatly reduce that threat.
Original post by Mr JB
аз разбирам.

Translation: I understand.

I find common people understanding each other perfectly.

Only politicians do the troubles and the problems.

Wherever I go, I don't have problems with the common people.

I strongly and boldly disapprove what politicians do.
Original post by The Dictator

I just read through the last of your posts... What got you banned? God damnit... We're dropping like flies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending