Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Edexcel Health and Social Care level 3 (extended) and so far I haven't even had a real lesson. Next week in college, I'm still doing activities that are not related to my course. I know that I will have a lot of course work to do, so I'm already stressing out if I am going to have enough time.

When did you guys start your course properly and how is the course work set out? Do you get tasks by teachers or is the assignments that you have to do already in your textbook??

Also, should I be worried??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrispyPerfection)
    I'm doing Edexcel Health and Social Care level 3 (extended) and so far I haven't even had a real lesson. Next week in college, I'm still doing activities that are not related to my course. I know that I will have a lot of course work to do, so I'm already stressing out if I am going to have enough time.

When did you guys start your course properly and how is the course work set out? Do you get tasks by teachers or is the assignments that you have to do already in your textbook??

Also, should I be worried??
    You'll have plenty of time. I really do mean PLENTY.

Usually the first two weeks just involve getting students settled in and giving them an introduction to what each unit entails. Also giving the tutors/lecturers/teachers a chance to write the brief

The assignments you get are based on the criteria provided by Edexcel. For each of the units the teacher/lecturer/tutor will write an assignment brief which tells you how the assignment is to be completed. Usually by a case study or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    You'll have plenty of time. I really do mean PLENTY.

Usually the first two weeks just involve getting students settled in and giving them an introduction to what each unit entails. Also giving the tutors/lecturers/teachers a chance to write the brief

The assignments you get are based on the criteria provided by Edexcel. For each of the units the teacher/lecturer/tutor will write an assignment brief which tells you how the assignment is to be completed. Usually by a case study or something similar.
    Thank you for replying. I just haven't got used to having so much free time right now and I feel like I should be doing school work like those who are doing A-levels are. :P haha
    Maybe I'll get a part time job to keep me busy.

I feel like this too, and I do A levels

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same course as you. I have 3 teachers so I'm doing different units with each of them.
    With one of my teacher we did work straight away on the first lesson. She literally rushes through stuff and expects pages to be done straight away, that's why half the class including me is slightly behind.
    However with one of my other teacher we still haven't done work yet and I've been in college for 3 weeks now.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.