Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am just looking for a few books to real during my free time I am very interested in quantum mechanics and astrophysics, mainly looking for e-books. Money is tight
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jonnypdot)
    Hi I am just looking for a few books to real during my free time I am very interested in quantum mechanics and astrophysics, mainly looking for e-books. Money is tight
    Are you on a course?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any particular books in mind?

ReputationRep:
    no books in mind as of yet

ReputationRep:
    no books in mind as of yet
    Are you looking for academic books or do you want books for general reading? I might be able to suggest you some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    Are you looking for academic books or do you want books for general reading? I might be able to suggest you some
    general reading

Schrödinger's cat (http://www.amazon.co.uk/In-Search-Of.../dp/0552125555) and Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time (http://www.amazon.co.uk/372/dp/08575...istory+of+time) are great books.

ReputationRep:
    A briefer history of time is pretty interesting not sure if there is an e-book for it tho

ReputationRep:
    general reading
    (Original post by Cbla98)
    A briefer history of time is pretty interesting not sure if there is an e-book for it tho
    I would say have a look at the A Very Short Introduction books by Oxford, they assume no previous knowledge of the field discussed and are written by experts. Here is the "A very short introduction to Cosmology" and here is the "A brief history of time."

ReputationRep:
    Both of these are very nice books that I enjoyed reading. Definitely lighter material, so good for 'casual' reading
    Spoiler:
    Show

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.