Turn on thread page Beta

LAST MINUTE DECISION: business or economics A-level!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Which one will be easier to get an A*???
    business = OCR
    Economics = AQA

ReputationRep:
    Go for whichever one you find more interesting, if you have an interest in the subject you'll find it easier to get a better grade

ReputationRep:
    Easier= Business
    More respected by Unis= Economics

ReputationRep:
    To answer your question

Business

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1338)
    Go for whichever one you find more interesting, if you have an interest in the subject you'll find it easier to get a better grade
    I am more interested in Economics but i am taking it along with two other traditional A-levels which will consume time. So why couldn't I pick an easier A-level which I can still do economics at uni from there on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcake123)
    To answer your question

Business

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What makes it easier than economics may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcake123)
    To answer your question

Business

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What makes it easier do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student1678)
    What makes it easier than economics may I ask?
    I've only done economics and it sure isn't 'easy' to get an A*. But my friends who have done business and econ always say business is a piece of cake compared to it (obvs business is still hard) but yeah.

I think the graphs and calculations in econ makes econ harder? I might be wrong though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am more interested in Economics but i am taking it along with two other traditional A-levels which will consume time. So why couldn't I pick an easier A-level which I can still do economics at uni from there on?
    Have you done both of these at AS already and do you want to do economics at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I visited Imperial , a very well respected Uni, they said that if you have an A Level in business or general studies they count it as if you don't have that 3rd / 4th A Level at all

ReputationRep:
    Basically your far better off doing economics and it won't take up that much more of your time

ReputationRep:
    i did edexcel eco. it was absolutely bloody ease. got an A for AS and i revised 3 days before the exam literally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1338)
    Have you done both of these at AS already and do you want to do economics at uni?
    I haven't done any. I got places from 2 schools. 1 is my school that offers business studies. The other is a grammar school that offers econ. And i need to make a decision. Max at the end of this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koh1234)
    i did edexcel eco. it was absolutely bloody ease. got an A for AS and i revised 3 days before the exam literally
    Mine is AQA. plus there are only a section of MCQ's in the third paper. the first and 2nd is purely essay-based.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Easier= Business
    More respected by Unis= Economics
    What makes business easier?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done any. I got places from 2 schools. 1 is my school that offers business studies. The other is a grammar school that offers econ. And i need to make a decision. Max at the end of this week.
    I can't speak for economics but with business I found that the mark schemes can be quite confusing and the specification was mainly focused on application and exam technique. For A2 you actually need to do a lot of work to get higher grades but I don't know how it compares to economics.

Also depending on what degree you're doing the 'reputation' for each subject might matter a lot or not at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koh1234)
    lol? what did you use to revise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    Want to know myself too. I will be doing OCR so hope its still applicable.

ReputationRep:
    I did Economics and it wasn't too hard. I enjoyed it so much though and got an A overall.
    Pick whichever one you are interested in the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Econ...ooks+economics

Also the unit 2 version. its not that thick. its a revision book. i only used this for the last 3 days. got 80ums in unit 1 and 87ums in unit 2. each ot of 10 ums

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 20, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.