Turn on thread page Beta

Small things that annoy you for no reason watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't be the only one who gets unreasonably frustrated by tiny, pointless, petty things.

The one that annoys me most of all recently: people repeating things they've heard in the media word-for-word.

After Mhairi Black made her maiden speech and that went viral I saw so many people (largely on facebook but elsewhere occasionally) repeating verbatim the Tony Benn quote like it was some sort of original thought that they'd had.

Also, more recently - the amount of people complaining about the fact that we're "tiptoeing toward a totalitarian state". I know that they've decided that after seeing the trailer for Hunted, because the bloke in the trailer misused the word in the same way the people posting the phrase do.

Yes it's petty. No I don't care.

Anyone in a similar boat?

The x factor annoys me for no reaon
    Teens who pretend to like bands like joy division and wear the t shirts to make them look cool even though they only know one song
    When people lie about their age (most irrational one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    Teens who pretend to like bands like joy division and wear the t shirts to make them look cool even though they only know one song
    Oh god. The only people who annoy me more than Black Veil Brides fans are Black Veil Brides posers, which my last secondary school was some kind of weird hub for.

ReputationRep:
    When a young child stares at me for more than 3 seconds on public transport/in public...especially if they're consuming something while staring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People leaving lights on.
    People not shutting doors.
    People being inconsiderate of others personal space.
    People chewing loudly.
    People breathing loudly.

Actually. Just people.

ReputationRep:
    people who talk to you even when you've got earphones/headphones on. I mean get the hint!!

(Original post by jape)
    Oh god. The only people who annoy me more than Black Veil Brides fans are Black Veil Brides posers, which my last secondary school was some kind of weird hub for.
    Why would anyone want to even pretend to like them

ReputationRep:
    People talking about comfy beds. I mean wtf, why? :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    People who pronounce h 'haitch' instead of 'aitch'.

ReputationRep:
    People who bite their nails in front of me :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    Not a totalitarian state, but people who deny that surveillance in the UK has still increased (I'd say it's justified though)

ReputationRep:
    people who are offended by everything.
    Completely ruins the debate because they get emotional instead of logical

ReputationRep:
    When people take the point I've been trying to get across, rephrase it and say it as though they've had a eureka moment "Ooo, I know,..."...eurgh, my sister does it a lot and it drives me insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)
    People who pronounce h 'haitch' instead of 'aitch'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3y0CD2CoCs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StolenPrivacy)
    Not a totalitarian state, but people who deny that surveillance in the UK has still increased (I'd say it's justified though)
    Oh yeah of course, no argument here (whether its justified or not is murky though).

ReputationRep:
    I love that sketch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sqwertylol)
    people who are offended by everything.
    Completely ruins the debate because they get emotional instead of logical
    How dare you accuse me. I take offence to these accusations of being needlessly offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwinnyP)
    People leaving lights on.
    People not shutting doors.
    People being inconsiderate of others personal space.
    People chewing loudly.
    People breathing loudly.

Actually. Just people.
    soo me esp when my mom leaves the door open after leaving my room AAAAARGH
    and clingy people

ReputationRep:
    When there is ample space to dodge someone and you somehow end up running into each other.

When someone's breath stinks and you're not sure how to break it down to them, so you stealthily avoid it.

Waiting for the cashier to scan the items

ReputationRep:
    1: People who spit every two seconds. Chavy kunts. I guess it's a way of displaying dominance, spitting near where you're standing. I really wish they'd actually be more direct and just challenge me to a fight, then we'd sort out who the street belongs to. I hate that indirect, cowardly chit. If I was in government I would honestly make such relentless spitting an offense and issue and on the spot tongue removal, unless some convincing medical ground be offered in defense to the public decency officer.

2: Women on dating sites who just say 'ask' or say nothing.

3: Tesco self service machine don't have plastic bags next to them. Leaving your shopping and going to find some bag carrying guy really boils my jizz.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.