Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A drama based on the book Jacked which details the story of the creator of the Grand Theft Auto series, Sam Houser and his Rockstar gang. I've read the book and it's a very good read, detailing the rise of the game from its origins to the mega sales it captured in later years.

On Tuesday at 9pm, on BBC2.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watch this? Should be on the IPlayer for those who didn't.

I've read the book Jacked by David Kushner, which I assume was used in the preparation of this programme as it follows a similiar story trajectory but still I felt missed out the work done by Houser's co-creators. It seemed to be all about Houser and the relationships with Dan/Terry/Jamie wasn't really explore in-depth I thought.

Also found the intro where it qualified that Rockstar weren't involved and they had scenes for dramatic effect wasn't ideal to put at the start - maybe that was in response to Rockstar's legal attempts on it.

They weren't happy to say the least but Rockstar seems quite secretive as a whole so doubt they will put something out, whether in an interview, their version of events. Was a good watch; Radcliffe played the role of private schoolboy turned into games creator nicely. I can't remember what other stuff Bill Paxton has done but face seems familiar but he did OK as Thompson.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Haven't read too much on Rockstar, but I hear they've reacted pretty badly to this depiction. In truth, it wasn't a great way to spend an hour and a half. Dempsie and Radcliffe are two good screen presences, too, so it's disappointing more wasn't done with the original story.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.