Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKL the movie watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    of course it's a happy ending. UKL rule the world, and you're a UKL member. need i say more?
    So UKL becomes a party, and all those that are active members gain positions of power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    of course it's a happy ending. UKL rule the world, and you're a UKL member. need i say more?
    Fair point.

I'm off to McDonalds now to treat myself. Later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    So UKL becomes a party, and all those that are active members gain positions of power.
    But that wouldn't be much of a storyline though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    the long and arduous path to get there would though.

eg sleeping beauty is a good storyline because they have a good action story to save the princess, and deal with the rest with 'And they lived happily ever after'

ReputationRep:
    OK im falling asleep here! Carry on guys, I bid you goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    true, that's why there is the chuunin exam style battles. Actually why not have 1 on 1 battles, so 2 generals said their armies out to face each other in duels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

eg sleeping beauty is a good storyline because they have a good action story to save the princess, and deal with the rest with 'And they lived happily ever after'
    They expect everyone to live happily ever after though... Why not surprise them all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

No, but if d is suppose to be the bad guy, then the bad guy winning, and those who supported evil gaining benefits from it would not make a good story, as people wouldn't want it to end like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    They expect everyone to live happily ever after though... Why not surprise them all?
    like what, D takes over the planet and then the sun goes super nova or something?

ReputationRep:
    true, that's why there is the chuunin exam style battles. Actually why not have 1 on 1 battles, so 2 generals said their armies out to face each other in duels.
    I think that would make the fight scenes all too much the same as each other, if they were all 1 on 1's.
    Although i couldn't imagine anyone beating me in a 1 on 1 fight, so why am i complaining?

ReputationRep:
    like what, D takes over the planet and then the sun goes super nova or something?
    But that would be irrelivent to the plotline, and make people not like the movie, and also ruin it for a sequal.

ReputationRep:
    We could make it a cliff hanger where d gets world domination, but then to his dismay falls in love with Everdawn (purely because she strives for peace). The audience are then wondering whether d gives up his dream to continue with the world domination thing, or goes after Everdawn, who will only have him if he turns good. That way it is neither one nor the other, and provides a good platform for a follow up film.

ReputationRep:
    I think that would make the fight scenes all too much the same as each other, if they were all 1 on 1's.
    Although i couldn't imagine anyone beating me in a 1 on 1 fight, so why am i complaining?
    but each of the generals have different tactics and have trained their newbies differently, so each fight would be different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    We could make it a cliff hanger where d gets world domination, but then to his dismay falls in love with Everdawn (purely because she strives for peace). The audience are then wondering whether d gives up his dream to continue with the world domination thing, or goes after Everdawn, who will only have him if he turns good. That way it is neither one nor the other, and provides a good platform for a follow up film.
    Nice... keeps the audience guessing until the next film.

ReputationRep:
    so we are not going to do a van hellsing and kill of the leading lady at the end of the film.

ReputationRep:
    but each of the generals have different tactics and have trained their newbies differently, so each fight would be different.
    Yeah, but they'd still probably get a bit boring after a while.
    But i'd be interested in how many members on here would know how to train an army in any style of combat, armed or unarmed.

ReputationRep:
    Then there's always the problem of the plot to the next one...

ReputationRep:
    so we are not going to do a van hellsing and kill of the leading lady at the end of the film.
    I don't think Everdawn would like that!
    But it would make a good storyline if it did happen, as long as there was another way of keeping the audience in suspense until the next film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    that's a good idea. then there's plenty of questions left for a UKL 2: the return of D.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but they'd still probably get a bit boring after a while.
    But i'd be interested in how many members on here would know how to train an army in any style of combat, armed or unarmed.
    I suppose so. Well, we could have 4 way melee matches which would last until two teams were either destroyed or surrendered

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.