Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKL the movie watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    only 17 pages
    In one day. It was still going strong until about 2 hours ago as well, then all of a sudden... nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    only 17 pages
    Well, it's the longest thread of any I've ever started...tehehe

ReputationRep:
    so how is our film going

ReputationRep:
    Oh, going back a few pages, I dont mind being killed, as long as its a dramatic death and everyone is sad. Perhaps, If I die, the enemy who was just about to choose world peace it set on the warpath again to avenge my death!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Oh, going back a few pages, I dont mind being killed, as long as its a dramatic death and everyone is sad. Perhaps, If I die, the enemy who was just about to choose world peace it set on the warpath again to avenge my death!
    That would work, or maybe you die protecting D, showing your ultimate love for him my jumping in the path of a shuriken thrown at D.

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm a lil. late to this thread... trying to catch up and read 17 pages! You lot can be long winded!

How bout the battle is between Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and Imperial and they're all fighting for the title of 'Best University.' More than anything, it'd be about LSE ers trying to prove why they're as good as Oxbridge and deserve to be #3 above Imperial...

If you're doing the Love Actually type theme, rather than the mini-plot lines being love stories, they could be UKL members meeting other UKL members in real life... (so in some senses that could be a lil like 'you've got mail') For instance some meetings could be really embarassing- the 2 people really hating each other, or 2 members could fall in love...
    Another idea is having just one big UKL get together, say where all the members go somewhere cool like Australia on an adventure.

When I first picured a UKL movie, all I could imagine on screen was individual members sitting and reading and typing at their computers in their respective locations. Quite the boring movie visually. The only action would be things like Everdawn getting so tired she falls off her chair or someone else starving to death at their computer b/c they couldn't leave the thread.

ReputationRep:
    But would you want to come back as a ghost, or some other form or another?

ReputationRep:
    ooo, I dont know. Its up to the producers to decide i think.

ReputationRep:
    ooo, I dont know. Its up to the producers to decide i think.
    Have we decied who the staff are going to be.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know, I still have to make a list of people who are playing us in the movie.

The nominees for me at the moment have been:
    Reece Witherspoon,

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking, and i think it would be better for everyone to play themselves.
    That way we can all earn really good wages of actors, instead of giving them to people already with to much cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    I was thinking, and i think it would be better for everyone to play themselves.
    That way we can all earn really good wages of actors, instead of giving them to people already with to much cash.
    As much as i agree to that, theres one small problem with it.

With no big stars to play us, no-one will come to the premier

ReputationRep:
    one way or another I dont care, ive done drama for seven years. *blonde moment* ok I wont need anything to play myself will i?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    As much as i agree to that, theres one small problem with it.

With no big stars to play us, no-one will come to the premier
    Yes they will.
    There will be alot of hype about such a far reaching movie, such as this, and with a big director it will pique the publics interest of how it would work with people who aren't known for being actors.
    Then as its so realistic, as people are playing themselves, critics will rave about it, and plenty of people will want to be seen as loving it, which will result in a great success.

ReputationRep:
    one way or another I dont care, ive done drama for seven years. *blonde moment* ok I wont need anything to play myself will i?
    Apart from yourself.

So have we decied who is playing the main roles here. I.e. the hero, the hero's best friend, Number 2 etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Apart from yourself.

So have we decied who is playing the main roles here. I.e. the hero, the hero's best friend, Number 2 etc).
    Well i said i wouldn't mind being the hero, but that was met with general apathy, so i'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Well i said i wouldn't mind being the hero, but that was met with general apathy, so i'm not sure.
    can i do a cameo

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind being the Number 2 guy working for Dfeft.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.