Turn on thread page Beta

If a guy is not your type, is it still possible for a relationship to develop? watch

Hi All

If you meet a girl online but she says you are not my type in terms of looks, is it still possible for a relationship to develop? Or if you meet a guy online but he is not your type in terms of looks...

In my case, I am in this situation as the girl said I am not her type etc etc but the girl in question has said she would be less selective and would not rule out anything happening with us (we plan to meet and I guess the rest is a case of ging with the flow).

I have dated a girl who looked attractive in pictures but not so much in person and eventually things did develop - my feeelings anyway - but it took time, but I learnt not to rush it and everything else such as personality must be there.

Anyone had this situation?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to be with a girl who you know prefers a different look in a guy, wouldn't you be self conscious?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    If she says 'type' then she will probably stick with what ever fits in her criteria

If she said preference however that's a different story

ReputationRep:
    Disney syndrome. Often means she's waiting for the perfect prince charming.

She might be loose though so perhaps you'll get something.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.