Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I am starting uni next week and have no laptop!!!(studying economics), i am looking for something light and portable and good for typical students tasks like microsoft office, netflix, skype and web browsing - max budget is around £600(or £700 at pcworld due to the 10% cashback). I am looking for something just good for students, to give a rough idea I would look for something with similar specs to; 8GB Ram, 1080p and intel 5 processor. however if there is a really cheap one with a slight down spec I wouldn't mind, i just want a good laptop for the price.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/comput...09302-pdt.html

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/comput...26900-pdt.html

found these two that look good which one is better? are they good buys for the ££ or is there better value laptops, however even with the 10% cash back they are a little over my budget. can someone recommend me one please and save me from turning up to uni without a laptop haha!

ReputationRep:
    Obviously the yoga, better processor, double storage and ram and better screen. Seen good reviews about the yoga as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can get a laptop with much better spec for waaaayyyyy cheaper than those...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scootie)
    You can get a laptop with much better spec for waaaayyyyy cheaper than those...
    Such as?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 16, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.