The Student Room Group

Exam resits when specification has changed?!

i needed 300 ucas points to get into uni and got 280 (English lit, Psychology, Sociology).
so i decided to resit as a private candidate and my previous school told me this was fine and to go and register in February to sit the exams.

i was planning to resit 3 out of 4 units from Psychology and Sociology but Ive just been on the AQA website and the specification has changed on both.
does anyone know if i can still resit thoes units or will i be unable too? or anyone been in this situation and found a solution?
thankss :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
you should still be able to resit the A2 units with the old spec, because last years AS students will still be on the old spec, however this could depend on your college - best thing to do would be to ask a teacher or somebody from the exams department at your old school
Original post by e.l.p.p
i needed 300 ucas points to get into uni and got 280 (English lit, Psychology, Sociology).
so i decided to resit as a private candidate and my previous school told me this was fine and to go and register in February to sit the exams.

i was planning to resit 3 out of 4 units from Psychology and Sociology but Ive just been on the AQA website and the specification has changed on both.
does anyone know if i can still resit thoes units or will i be unable too? or anyone been in this situation and found a solution?
thankss :smile:

Yes you can resit - the specs have only just changed so Year 13 are still studying those exams. The timetables for 2016 are already on the exam board website as are the old specs and past papers - there will be no problem.
Reply 4
You can still resit, even the current year 13 can. Btw which uni and course is this? Surely you would still get in with 280?? Most uni's who use ucas points are very lenient and even let you off by 40-60

Quick Reply

Latest