The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
TreversIsGay
seriously guys, i'm actually serious: if you don't put opened tins of baked beans in your fridge then, like... what ARE you going to do with them? put them in a jar with the gherkins? in the cupboard? next to the marmite?

no...

didn't think so.

You empty the contents into sealable Tuppaware.

And wasn't that quote from a dog magazine, hence regarding dog food?
ninstro
That's just cruel :hmmm:

Is it only my flat that has a gay cupboard? When the war comes you will all be glad I saved them!
Reply 22
Bubblebee
Is it only my flat that has a gay cupboard? When the war comes you will all be glad I saved them!

:rofl:
"dog and man are not so differed. what is good for one, is good for the other"

Da Vinci said that

and i don't think a PLASTIC TUPPERWARE BOX is very environmentally friendly! why don't you just club a baby seal with a tree you cut down from the rainforest!

and then smoke a cigar!
Reply 24
isabella
Yesterday my sister put an open Tin of Baked Beans in the fridge. Mum got stressed & told her to throw them away.

Why can't u eat tinned food that been in fridge ?

:eek: reaally? :hmmmm:

i did put a tin of coke in the freezer ..it bursted (yea the reason is obvious:rolleyes: )
Reply 25
TreversIsGay
"dog and man are not so differed. what is good for one, is good for the other"

Da Vinci said that

and i don't think a PLASTIC TUPPERWARE BOX is very environmentally friendly! why don't you just club a baby seal with a tree you cut down from the rainforest!

and then smoke a cigar!

Reuseable and recyclable
Reply 26
i've done it my whole life, never did me any harm, however, earlier thread on this topic:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=339530
it should be fine...
NDGAARONDI
Some people overworry over food it's actually quite pathetic. I'm talking in general though.

Too right my friend, this is why so many more people are allergic these days compared to 30 years ago.
Reply 29
Tupperware is actually better than a can because it can be used again and again without needing to drive it to a plant like 100 miles away and process it.

My housemate is obsessive about cans, he has filled his whole cupboard with them and now taken over a drawer as well. Plus part of his second cupboard.
Reply 30
wesetters
Yeah, but they don't sell things in tupperware...

Using the tin is convenient.

unless, like me, your fridge has maggots and tory morons don't understand that raw meat on the top shelf is NOT a good idea. :rolleyes:
Reply 31
How the HELL did maggots get in your fridge? Do you put things in your fridge with them? EWW!!!!!!!!
Reply 32
i think every tin i have ever read has told me that if i want to not use all the contents at once i should put it in a non-metallic container.

my dad is a chef, and a food maniac [seriously], and i just asked him!!

he said regardless of whether it is going in a fridge or not, you shouldn't keep food in it because when it is packed it isn't exposed to air and has a special form of plastic seal around the edge, but once you have opened the tin, the inside of the tin will begin to react with the air and will start to rust... although it is very slow, it does.
he's most likely right, what with food hygiene courses etc...
Reply 33
Thud
unless, like me, your fridge has maggots and tory morons don't understand that raw meat on the top shelf is NOT a good idea. :rolleyes:

whatthe****. sort that out ew :s-smilie: :redface:

To be honest, I'd rather eat the contents of the tin, then put the tin in the bin. :wink:
Reply 34
ro-ro
How the HELL did maggots get in your fridge? Do you put things in your fridge with them? EWW!!!!!!!!

lol. it weren't me.

some git left a load of raw blood at the bottom of the fridge for a couple of months and then there was maggots.

i live with [tory] idiots. these things happen without the maid to clean up after them. :rolleyes:
Reply 35
I'm tory but not extreme and I've never had a maid (well for two months but she wasn't a maid we paid our mate to clean our student house cos we were tired and she liked cleaning)

That is rancid though! Are the maggots gone now?
Reply 36
I'm tory as **** and have a maid, I thought we all had maids.
Thud
lol. it weren't me.

some git left a load of raw blood at the bottom of the fridge for a couple of months and then there was maggots.

i live with [tory] idiots. these things happen without the maid to clean up after them. :rolleyes:

Just a question. If you knew there was blood at the bottom of the fridge, wouldn't it have been a good idea to clean it up... Granted, you didn't put the blood there, but it would have quickly the fridge and it would have prevented maggots from appearing...
Some people overworry over food it's actually quite pathetic. I'm talking in general though.

I second that, one of my flatmates once through out like a whole sack of potatos just because a couple had sprouted a little bit, it really pissed me off!
I've always put tins in the fridge, it seams like the stupidest thing to worry about, if it was that dangerous they prolly wouldn't put food in tins.
Reply 39
In my family we've alway transferred food out of tins into like a glass dish with a lid then put that in the fridge.

Latest