Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    For any one starting their course at Solent next week, and want to know some last minute advice from previous students.

Need to know what to take, or what to expect? Any questions welcome!

- Kath .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Southampton Solent Uni Student Ambassador)
    For any one starting their course at Solent next week, and want to know some last minute advice from previous students.

Need to know what to take, or what to expect? Any questions welcome!

- Kath .
    hello, i saw your comment here and as I am starting Solent next week, I would like to know what happens on the first day (induction week) and what documents to take, please?
    Thank you very much.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RDGRG)
    hello, i saw your comment here and as I am starting Solent next week, I would like to know what happens on the first day (induction week) and what documents to take, please?
    Thank you very much.
    Hi there,

Oh that's great! On your first day you will have an induction of the university, you will need all the other undergraduate students who are studying on your particular course, they'll do a tour, get to know eachother sessions and probably a group task.

You'll obviously do some ice breakers (they're usually funny more than awkward).

Documentation wise - you'll need to bring in your funding paperwork (so if you applied through Student Finance England - you need to bring your breakdown of funding) and probably a form of ID just to be safe.

Don't forget to bring a bag - you'll be introduced to quite a few freebies and it's better to have somewhere to store them!

- Kath .

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Oh that's great! On your first day you will have an induction of the university, you will need all the other undergraduate students who are studying on your particular course, they'll do a tour, get to know eachother sessions and probably a group task.

You'll obviously do some ice breakers (they're usually funny more than awkward).

Documentation wise - you'll need to bring in your funding paperwork (so if you applied through Student Finance England - you need to bring your breakdown of funding) and probably a form of ID just to be safe.

Don't forget to bring a bag - you'll be introduced to quite a few freebies and it's better to have somewhere to store them!

- Kath .
    Hello,

Thank yu so much for replying back to me and GROUP TASK & ICEBREAKER makes me so nervous and scared. I cant handle both of them, too many people makes me feel really scared at talking😵. I dont really talk that much and just thinking people will not like me and so scared that people will not talk to me. Im so sorry for just blabbering it! 😨😵 ... Once again, thank you so much.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RDGRG)
    Hello,

Thank yu so much for replying back to me and GROUP TASK & ICEBREAKER makes me so nervous and scared. I cant handle both of them, too many people makes me feel really scared at talking😵. I dont really talk that much and just thinking people will not like me and so scared that people will not talk to me. Im so sorry for just blabbering it! 😨😵 ... Once again, thank you so much.
    That's alright!

Honestly, I was in the same boat as you when I started Solent. We did ice breakers that involved getting into age order/height order with all the class then the group tasks - they put you together, in my head it was the worse case scenario.

But just remember that everyone on the course has come from far and wide, they won't know anyone either - I was so nervous and one of the brilliant things about Solent is - is that the classes are small, everyone gets to know you and makes an effort to.

It'll be scary at first, but it will be worth the nerves once your hear because it's going to be an amazing three years and I can vouch for that!

- Kath .

ReputationRep:
    That's alright!

Honestly, I was in the same boat as you when I started Solent. We did ice breakers that involved getting into age order/height order with all the class then the group tasks - they put you together, in my head it was the worse case scenario.

But just remember that everyone on the course has come from far and wide, they won't know anyone either - I was so nervous and one of the brilliant things about Solent is - is that the classes are small, everyone gets to know you and makes an effort to.

It'll be scary at first, but it will be worth the nerves once your hear because it's going to be an amazing three years and I can vouch for that!

- Kath .
    Got scared when i read your first paragraph😂😂😂 ... but now i am looking forward to go Solent next week! Thank you so much for helping me out 😢😢 ... THANK YOU SO MUCH, KATH! 😊😀😁

ReputationRep:
    Hi I start graphic design course tomorrow and on my timetable it says my first room is BB208 and I was wandering if thats in the arts building or the main solent building? thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by elronpancake)
    Hi I start graphic design course tomorrow and on my timetable it says my first room is BB208 and I was wandering if thats in the arts building or the main solent building? thanks
    Hi there,

Sorry I missed your first day! I hope you found the room! I have no idea where BB is anyway! These are all of our room codes:

Michael Andrews = A
    Herbert Collins = HC
    Reginald Mitchell = RM
    Mountbatten Library = ML
    John Millais = JM
    Sports Hall= SH
    Sir James Matthews = SM
    The Dock Restaurant= RF
    Christopher Cockerell = CC

How was your first day?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 7, 2015

University open days

1. Southampton Solent University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.