Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do I need to write a personal statement If I am not going to University or college after A levels?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Staitan)
    Do I need to write a personal statement If I am not going to University or college after A levels?
    A personal statement is only needed for an aplication via UCAS, so if you don't make an application then you won't need one. However, your teacher may expect you to write something similar to a personal statement as a learning activity - many jobs expect you to be able to write something about why you want the job, so it's good practice. Teachers can set anything they like for homework, so they can ask you to if they wish; you didn't really need to write what you did that summer every year when you returned, but it was set as work so you had to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    A personal statement is only needed for an application via UCAS, so if you don't make an application then you won't need one. However, your teacher may expect you to write something similar to a personal statement as a learning activity - many jobs expect you to be able to write something about why you want the job, so it's good practice. Teachers can set anything they like for homework, so they can ask you to if they wish; you didn't really need to write what you did that summer every year when you returned, but it was set as work so you had to do it.
    It wasn't set for homework or anything strictly " compulsory", however our teachers assume we are all going to university so they are asking for them. I was just wondering if I needed to actually write this for a reason and not just practice.
    Thanks for the reply!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.