Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Long story short I have started a new college since I didn't meet the UCAS point requirements to continue at my old one (and my attendance was appalling, for reasons). I am now doing a business btec level 3 at another college and the quality of teaching here is ****ing awful. Apologies for the language but my teacher, or one of them at least just does not give a ****. He doesn't give us any info on the course, how what we're doing helps or anything like that. All he does is tell us to do the stuff he gives us and shut up, and if we want help, we can't even go to him, we have to ask a friend. I have no idea what the **** I'm doing and I've never done a btec like this before so I have no idea how its set and when to do things by, and the teachers don't care enough to explain. Would anyone here help me out?

ReputationRep:
    I have done BTEC extended diploma level 3 so I maybe able to help if you let us know what you need help with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nottreece)
    I have done BTEC extended diploma level 3 so I maybe able to help if you let us know what you need help with
    Do you happen to have any of your coursework's still?! my college is shocking and Ive never done a BTEC before and have no idea how to even set anything out and my teachers won't even give any of us guidance or show us!! Im doing the Unit 2 Business Resources assignment and HR x

ReputationRep:
    I do have access to my coursework from level 2, however I am not allowed to share or post any of these as this could lead to plagiarism. However I am happy to write details steps and offer as much help i can on the criteria that you are stuck on. So if you let us know which criteria you are stuck on then I would be happy to help.

Hope this is okay!

ReputationRep:
    BTEC Business Diploma was one of my level 3 subjects, if you provide an example of what you're tasked with answering I'd/we'd be happy to try and help

From my experience, a Unit was sectioned into around 3 or 4 separate assignments. Each assignment aimed to help you achieve a group of mark criteria (e.g. P1, P2, M3). Within each assignment there were a number of Tasks that, when completed to an acceptable quality, guided you through what you had to do to achieve the criteria in that particular assignment (e.g. P1, P2, M3 as used above).

The whole idea was that when you had completed all the assignments, you had had a chance to complete all the criteria for the whole unit, and thus can then be graded.

Hope this helps

EDIT: In case you're also saying you're not sure on how BTEC works as a whole, each Unit is graded as Pass, Merit, or Distinction, with the final Unit grade being calculated based on how many Passes, Merits, and Distinction criteria you have achieved in that Unit.

ReputationRep:
    hello can anyone help me with sources of finance work please its confusing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutcracker20)
    hello can anyone help me with sources of finance work please its confusing me
    Is it Unit 2, P4, Describe the sources of internal and external finance for a selected business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Nathan_)
    Is it Unit 2, P4, Describe the sources of internal and external finance for a selected business?
    yes it it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutcracker20)
    yes it it
    Not sure how your sections are structured but

This was leaning more towards a small business:
    Internal Sources: Owner's own savings, and Working Capital. External Sources: Lease, Mortgage, Loan, and Overdraft.

We also included possible starting and running costs:
    Possible Starting Costs: Business premises, fixtures and fittings, delivery transportation, employee training, equipment, furnishings, and phone/broadband line. Possible Running Costs: Salaries, product manufacturing/purchasing, utilities, transportation maintenance, marketing, rent, VAT, legal service, business rates.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how your sections are structured but

This was leaning more towards a small business:
    Internal Sources: Owner's own savings, and Working Capital. External Sources: Lease, Mortgage, Loan, and Overdraft.

We also included possible starting and running costs:
    Possible Starting Costs: Business premises, fixtures and fittings, delivery transportation, employee training, equipment, furnishings, and phone/broadband line. Possible Running Costs: Salaries, product manufacturing/purchasing, utilities, transportation maintenance, marketing, rent, VAT, legal service, business rates.
    alright thanks the source i have it towards a large company opening up a new branch but thanks for helping

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, thanks for running down the structure of the course. Not sure if you're available and willing but I really need help on one thing. It's unit 4 p2 and we're doing a presentation but I don't know how I should talk about the business's financial statements and stuff because my teacher sort of refused to explain!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you could post the the brief that would be a great help

Thanks

Reece

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lissx)
    Do you happen to have any of your coursework's still?! my college is shocking and Ive never done a BTEC before and have no idea how to even set anything out and my teachers won't even give any of us guidance or show us!! Im doing the Unit 2 Business Resources assignment and HR x
    Thats the whole idea of BTEC I think. It a vocational qualification, and not much guidance is meant to be given to the students. A new rule came out last year when I started my BTEC, which was that teachers can only explain once and take one resubmission.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any of the units you could send me as im stuck on unit 10

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    please can anyone help me with unit 29 m2
    im instructed to put in in a table format. buh i don't have much to write about.
    don't know what else to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasha_ali18)
    Market Research?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasha_ali18)
    The problem is that we can't send work as this could lead to plagiarism. However if you are stuck on any of the particular criteria within the unit i will be happy to write some notes to help you acheive that criteria.

ReputationRep:
    yeah its market research

ReputationRep:
    BTEC Business Diploma was one of my level 3 subjects, if you provide an example of what you're tasked with answering I'd/we'd be happy to try and help

From my experience, a Unit was sectioned into around 3 or 4 separate assignments. Each assignment aimed to help you achieve a group of mark criteria (e.g. P1, P2, M3). Within each assignment there were a number of Tasks that, when completed to an acceptable quality, guided you through what you had to do to achieve the criteria in that particular assignment (e.g. P1, P2, M3 as used above).

The whole idea was that when you had completed all the assignments, you had had a chance to complete all the criteria for the whole unit, and thus can then be graded.

Hope this helps

EDIT: In case you're also saying you're not sure on how BTEC works as a whole, each Unit is graded as Pass, Merit, or Distinction, with the final Unit grade being calculated based on how many Passes, Merits, and Distinction criteria you have achieved in that Unit.
    Assess the employability and personal skills ofa Sales Manager? this is Unit 2 M2 please i really need help! Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashr0984)
    Long story short I have started a new college since I didn't meet the UCAS point requirements to continue at my old one (and my attendance was appalling, for reasons). I am now doing a business btec level 3 at another college and the quality of teaching here is ****ing awful. Apologies for the language but my teacher, or one of them at least just does not give a ****. He doesn't give us any info on the course, how what we're doing helps or anything like that. All he does is tell us to do the stuff he gives us and shut up, and if we want help, we can't even go to him, we have to ask a friend. I have no idea what the **** I'm doing and I've never done a btec like this before so I have no idea how its set and when to do things by, and the teachers don't care enough to explain. Would anyone here help me out?
    I do Btec Business Level 3, message me I will try and help you out

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.