Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I applied to medicine last year and got all four rejections. I have finished my a-levels and got my grades so I am reapplying this year. Would like to know someone else who is in the same position.
    What are you planning of doing in the gap year??

My Stats:
    GCSE- 5A* 5A
    A-LEVEL- A*AAb
    UKCAT- 660
    I am thinking of applying to liverpool, keele, sheffield and St Georges

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Most reapplicants have been using this thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3533841

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woopwoop1)
    Hi Everyone,

I applied to medicine last year and got all four rejections. I have finished my a-levels and got my grades so I am reapplying this year. Would like to know someone else who is in the same position.
    What are you planning of doing in the gap year??

My Stats:
    GCSE- 5A* 5A
    A-LEVEL- A*AAb
    UKCAT- 660
    I am thinking of applying to liverpool, keele, sheffield and St Georges
    Hi I am also reapplying after 4 pre interview rejections! Also achieved A*AAb and will be taking my UKCAT this week after getting a poor 595 average last year! I have applied for jobs within health care and have been revising my personal statement as last years in my opinion wasn't good enough

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same boat as you, my personal statement wasnt good enough last year either. Are you going to include plans for your gap year and if so how mcuh are you planning to write. Do you know any good personal statement review services??And good luck for your ukcat!!

(Original post by helloravers)
    Hi I am also reapplying after 4 pre interview rejections! Also achieved A*AAb and will be taking my UKCAT this week after getting a poor 595 average last year! I have applied for jobs within health care and have been revising my personal statement as last years in my opinion wasn't good enough

ReputationRep:
    thank you!

(Original post by ForestCat)
    Most reapplicants have been using this thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3533841

ReputationRep:
    I'm reapplying to the UK as an international student for Medicine! I applied last year to Bristol and Liverpool but did not get accepted. I've taken my UKCAT's and have gotten a total score of 2710, any idea where I should apply? Looking at SGUL and Sheffield as of late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woopwoop1)
    I am in the same boat as you, my personal statement wasnt good enough last year either. Are you going to include plans for your gap year and if so how mcuh are you planning to write. Do you know any good personal statement review services??And good luck for your ukcat!!
    I dont sorry but I'm just going to look for tips online and send it to people to review. I think I am going to include gap year plans but not more than 3/4 lines

ReputationRep:
    Depending on your academics and work experience you can research into keele,cardiff,reapply to liverpool,leicester. I wouldn't recommend reapplying to bristol unless your personal statement is on point(and your ukcat is good enough for other unis).SGUL and Sheffield are good choices

(Original post by itsyoboyomar)
    I'm reapplying to the UK as an international student for Medicine! I applied last year to Bristol and Liverpool but did not get accepted. I've taken my UKCAT's and have gotten a total score of 2710, any idea where I should apply? Looking at SGUL and Sheffield as of late.

ReputationRep:
    alright thank you!!

(Original post by helloravers)
    I dont sorry but I'm just going to look for tips online and send it to people to review. I think I am going to include gap year plans but not more than 3/4 lines

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.