Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone with ADHD? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what's like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably.

ReputationRep:
    No but my brother was friends with someone who had it. A bunch of people came to his house to batter his family and he knocked them all out. Another time in a town near where I live with my brother and a few other mates they got started on my 6 people with weapons and he battered three of them. He was rock solid.

ReputationRep:
    ye you basically can't stop thinking about random stuff all the time and when I'm trying to talk to someone something else is going on in my head even while I'm looking at them talk lol. I tend to zone out when people are talking to me as well (because daydreaming) and then snap out of it a bit later and they're still talking. Difficult to sleep at night because always thinking about random stuff. I can easily have a dance party in a quiet room because I can have music going on in my head and imagine everything really vividly. And when I smoke alot of weed I hallucinate really vividly as well, which isn't supposed to happen for normal people lol.

I'm also really good at fast past strategy games because of this I think. Because theres a lot of stuff to think about so it engages me more. I was world champion in this game called broken alliances a few times and won some money.

Everyone always asked me if I was high at school cus I daydream alot and always late lol. I also come alive in club settings with loud music and people usually ask me if I'm on MDMA when I'm just being normal and doing ma thing dancing.

I was very naughty and hyper active in primary school because I found everything boring. They made me see a psychiatrist lmao. He told them there was nothing wrong with me and I was ahead of my age in maths by a couple years.

Oh ye I also get these twitches when I'm in certain settings and put on the spot lmao.

One of my friends who has ADHD as well said it's like living life with a fishbowl on your head. Because you're in your own world that seperate from real life. Which I agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacques1st)
    Just wondering what's like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't been proper diagnosed (so take this with a grain of salt) but a lot of teachers from school called me the ADHD kid.

In lessons, I'd get bored very quickly, so I'd get up from my seat and sit down next to another person to talk with them, sometimes me and my friends would joke about across the class, or I'd just nag some poor guy trying to complete his classwork.

I'd do chit like turn music on during the lesson or shout out random stuff.

I don't think I could focus on an assignment for longer than 5-10 minutes, it'd be like this crazy itch to just do anything else. Although sometimes if I could 'get' into a working mood I'd get my stuff done pretty fast. It happens rarely though :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zyzzyspirit)
    I haven't been proper diagnosed (so take this with a grain of salt) but a lot of teachers from school called me the ADHD kid.

In lessons, I'd get bored very quickly, so I'd get up from my seat and sit down next to another person to talk with them, sometimes me and my friends would joke about across the class, or I'd just nag some poor guy trying to complete his classwork.

I'd do chit like turn music on during the lesson or shout out random stuff.

I don't think I could focus on an assignment for longer than 5-10 minutes, it'd be like this crazy itch to just do anything else. Although sometimes if I could 'get' into a working mood I'd get my stuff done pretty fast. It happens rarely though :sad:
    ye everything is easy. But you want to do other stuff lol.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.