Turn on thread page Beta

To those who voted labour in the last election watch

ReputationRep:
    Would you vote Labour again given Corbyn won the leadership he has some policy that I really don't agree with I generally vote Conservative and I probably will again looking at some of his policies is scary.

He wants to get rid of trident we get rid of Trident are at risk from places like North Korea and Russia.

He Want's to get rid of the Royal Family they are part of our culture.

and thats just two he's a real risk so any way to those who voted labour given Corbyn won and his policy would you vote for labour under his leader ship or not

ReputationRep:
    Except Corbyn does not get to dictate policy wholesale. Labour doesn't become 'The Jeremy Corbyn party'. He has to work within Labour, and the moderate right of the party are still very much prevalent.

Labour's eventual manifesto will be an amalgam of Corbyn's ideas and the right's. Ideally, the best of both. We shall see.

ReputationRep:
    Majority of people on here are left leaning and so the Labour voters will welcome Corbyn. You should be asking the question to those on the fence with one foot in Labour and another in UKIP. Also there are a large majority who voted for Blair and support him, you can be sure they will defect from Labour now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Except Corbyn does not get to dictate policy wholesale. Labour doesn't become 'The Jeremy Corbyn party'. He has to work within Labour, and the moderate right of the party are still very much prevalent.

Labour's eventual manifesto will be an amalgam of Corbyn's ideas and the right's. Ideally, the best of both. We shall see.
    Why should the MPs show any ounce of loyalty when Corbyn himself has shown little in the years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    Why should the MPs show any ounce of loyalty when Corbyn himself has shown little in the years?
    Not for me to say but for them to consider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    Would you vote Labour again given Corbyn won the leadership he has some policy that I really don't agree with I generally vote Conservative and I probably will again looking at some of his policies is scary.

He wants to get rid of trident we get rid of Trident are at risk from places like North Korea and Russia.

and thats just two he's a real risk so any way to those who voted labour given Corbyn won and his policy would you vote for labour under his leader ship or not
    Two things:

On the issue of Trident while he is pro-disarmament he's going to debate with the party to look at whether or not they should decide to keep it (in which case disarmament may or may not become part of Labour's policy) - and there may well be a case for scrapping it.

On the royal family while he's a republican he's stated that it would not be part of his policy - he's stated he's not interested in changing that for the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Source?
    or social identity or whatever either way we shouldn't get rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    I like his regicide policy. I don't like his happy clappy liberal kumbayah we are the world stance on nucular disarmament though. Where do I stand on this? stay tuned next week to find out.

ReputationRep:
    So no source on your ridiculous claim?

'Part of our culture.' There are good financial reasons for holding onto the royal family but culture isn't one of them. If they were profitable, I wouldn't have a second's hesitation kicking their collective asses to the kerb, if it were up to me.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.