Turn on thread page Beta

Sainsbury's baker interview advice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angryjobseeker)
    Yo guys, got an interview for Sainsbury's as a baker but I have a question. At the very start of the application form it asked if I had previous bakery experience, I ticked yes.

I do have bakery experience, I have baked several cakes for myself and followed recipes but I think they meant bakery experience actually in a bakery.

I really don't want to waste my time if that is what they meant, is there anyway I can spin it to my advantage?

If they are looking for someone who has worked in a bakery rather than someone who has baked their own cakes for personal consumption they are not going to be too happy are they?

I am not going to waste my time if there is a non existent chance of me getting the position.
    In terms of your personal experiece of baking cakes for personal use, just emphasise your ability to follow recipes carefully, weighing ingredients accurately and not producing large amounts of waste. I bet training is given anyways so you produce cakes and bread within Sainsbury's bakery guidelines and procedures. They are more interested in HOW work - these are transferable skills

Top it off with a smile on your face and say that you regularly watch the Great British Bake Off (or some other popular cooking show). This gives a glimpse into your personality and talents

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.