Turn on thread page Beta

Hysterical Tory attacks are not a sign of weakness. watch

ReputationRep:
    They are part of the plan. This is an example of why Tories are so confident with a Corbyn win. It's incredibly easy to throw a load of mud and make it stick. They are defining Corbyn as a threat to the country before he can define himself. I don't think it is a case of they are scared of him and are panicking. This is all planned and they love it.

I hope I am wrong at it backfires on them but I don't think it will.

2020 will be an interesting year...

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I think this demonstrates how committed the Tories really are to *rational debate!*.

ReputationRep:
    It's the Tory way. They have all the money and control the media

ReputationRep:
    Politics is not about being right it is about success. The current Tories are really good at this.

"Politics is not what you would like it to be, it is what it is and it's terrible, it's terrible. Sometimes you have to talk to people who maybe don't like your language and maybe they don't identify with the terms you use to explain things and what does that reveal? Loosing all the time implies the common sense of the people is different. " ~ Pablo Iglesias (Leader of left wing Podemos party in Spain).

He's right. You can't just rely on being correct to win. No amount of complicated essays on why austerity is bad will convince enough people. If a Corbyn led labour has a hope in hell it needs to find ways to appeal to working class and middlclass people's common sense that can by pass the Tories common sense.

This common sense in older more honest times was openly called propaganda. It's **** but it is how the world works.

ReputationRep:
    Please. They are attacking a political opponent. That's what parties do. It's what Corbyn will do to the Tories; it's what the Tories did to Miliband; and it's what Blair and Brown did to Hague, IDS and Howard. Why coat this in anything unique?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    They are part of the plan. This is an example of why Tories are so confident with a Corbyn win. It's incredibly easy to throw a load of mud and make it stick. They are defining Corbyn as a threat to the country before he can define himself. I don't think it is a case of they are scared of him and are panicking. This is all planned and they love it.

Think a lot of Labour supporters see through the corporate media but i don't think it's enough to gain any sort of majority. Scotland are notoriously quite left wing and should warm to Corbyn.

Early days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Think a lot of Labour supporters see through the corporate media but i don't think it's enough to gain any sort of majority. Scotland are notoriously quite left wing and should warm to Corbyn.

Early days.
    Shouldn't you be ruining your business?

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't you be ruining your business?
    Just worked through saturday and sunday beat the monday morning rush now got an hour off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Just worked through saturday and sunday beat the monday morning rush now got an hour off!
    Nice to know you treat yourself so kindly.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to know you treat yourself so kindly.
    i did watch cartoons last night for a whole 2 hours mind you. But it came out of my sleeping time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    It's the Tory way. They have all the money and control the media
    The Tories don't control the media, it's just the media tends to back whoever it thinks will win. That's why the Indie backed the coalition despite parroting Owen Jones for half the term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The Tories don't control the media, it's just the media tends to back whoever it thinks will win. That's why the Indie backed the coalition despite parroting Owen Jones for half the term.
    The media very much have their own agenda and it's very right wing.
    Yes the like to back a winner but only when the result is obvious like Blair in 97.
    Whenever the Labour party aren't way out in front the media back the tories.

Just look at the vicious attack Corbyn is already recieving.
    It's propaganda - pure and simple. You're trying to paint him as a threat to national security just like you painted Labour as causing the recession.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn is like Galloway, but less well dressed, less intelligent and less charismatic.

Tfw the Respect Party is less of a joke than the Labour Party.

ReputationRep:

What is more hysterical is you will have to live under the Tories for 5 years and then most likely another 5 years. And even more hysterical there is nothing you can do about it. How does that feel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Allegro)
    I agree. I think this demonstrates how committed the Tories really are to *rational debate!*.
    The hypocrisy in this is hilarious when people moan about Tories ****ging off opponents is not having a rational debate.

Look on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and some protests and you will see just how nasty the left can be. You will only get stuff like "f*ck the tories", "david cameron is a w*nker" etc - hardly a rational debate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    The hypocrisy in this is hilarious when people moan about Tories ****ging off opponents is not having a rational debate.

Look on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and some protests and you will see just how nasty the left can be. You will only get stuff like "f*ck the tories", "david cameron is a w*nker" etc - hardly a rational debate...
    LOL,. It would only be hypocrisy if I didn't think that the left were guilty of the same. They unquestionably are The point is that those on the right I've come across act like the right has a monopoly on rational debate and the left are just hysterical parrots. The point is that anyone with an ounce of critical faculty would never accuse either side of being exempt from this sort of behaviour.

So if both sides are guilty, why pick out the right? Well, because I feel it's people's default position that the left don't do rational debate, and so I feel the need to disabuse people of the notion that the right are much better.

ReputationRep:
    I have never said they do directly. It's not like an authoritarian police state at all.

You'd have to read the 'Manufacturing Consent' social model for western political economies and how the media works in them that was proposed by Noam Chomsky and Edward Herman to get and understanding from where people like me (not that I'm in anyway important) are coming from. Statements like that I bolded show you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    What is more hysterical is you will have to live under the Tories for 5 years and then most likely another 5 years. And even more hysterical there is nothing you can do about it. How does that feel?
    Have I made you cross? :console:

There is no way about it. The Tory attacks are hysterical and nonsense, they are just deploying standard propaganda and I;m sure Osbourne knows that. He knows that you need to define your opponents before they can define themselves. They sound like a dictator about to imprison the opposition for being a 'threat to national security', like it's standard dictator stuff lol.

As to how I feel. Glad that I have a hope of not falling into the dregs of society that will be ****ed over most? Although I doubt I will own a house any time soon and to even get a small one will be a massive ordeal most likely and result in me being a mortgage slave for most of my life. It's not hysterical, it;s depressing. You do realize are going to be living under Tory rule as well you know? If I;m correct and you are on the same side if teh evr increasing inequality as me then you are equally screwed over, only difference is you are willingly bending over

ReputationRep:
    Or that the owner didn't want to pay that nomdom tax should labour have won :rolleyes: The owner dictating editorial line. Incidentally that is part of the manufacturing consent theory. No Stasi are needed.

But it doesn't matter who they back as opposed to the general coverage, so you are right, the Indy did over all go against the coalition I'd say.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.