Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick one...did anyone take this?

ReputationRep:
    i did it!! very very hard!!

ReputationRep:
    I took it.

Q1: OK
    Q2: Call me a fool but I actually forgot how to do that type of proof... so I missed that one out.
    Q3: wierd one... but OK I hope
    Q4: began to made up things. The arithmetic is going to be correct (checked them loads) but if my idea is wrong it's no good isn't it >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selkie222)
    I took it.

Q1: OK
    Q2: Call me a fool but I actually forgot how to do that type of proof... so I missed that one out.
    Q3: wierd one... but OK I hope
    Q4: began to made up things. The arithmetic is going to be correct (checked them loads) but if my idea is wrong it's no good isn't it >.<
    lol lucky only ur best 3 get marked!!

I agree, question 1...okay.
    question 2 fine.
    question 3...WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    question 4...did not even attempt.

Everyone at my school found it hard if it helps!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Heskins)
    lol lucky only ur best 3 get marked!!

I agree, question 1...okay.
    question 2 fine.
    question 3...WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    question 4...did not even attempt.

Everyone at my school found it hard if it helps!!
    lol oh yeah...
    question one, you know when you diffentiated the function to find the stationary point?
    Well, I got two solutions, x=10 and x=2 (or something like that) but when x=2 it was undefined and I was like AHHHHHHHHHHH....then re-read the question...only 1 stationary point

ReputationRep:
    Well actually I always "cheat" a bit by checking with the graphics calculator

And yes only one stat pt at (10, 3.125)

ReputationRep:
    The wierd thing I'm talking about in Q3 is the triangle bit--- never thought of modulus of vector product in that way before!

ReputationRep:
    The wierd thing I'm talking about in Q3 is the triangle bit--- never thought of modulus of vector product in that way before!
    YES I completely agree. it totally threw me that question :-( :-(

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for grade-wise? I dunno but I suppose mark boundaries will not be too high for p4.

ReputationRep:
    i was really annoyed cos in all our mocks and stuff we've always been told to do all 4 questions within the 1 hour 20 mins. it threw me a bit! lucky i read the front of the paper! - i don't think anyone else did though!

did anyone manage the proof? i just worked it out as i ran out of time :mad:

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for grade-wise? I dunno but I suppose mark boundaries will not be too high for p4.
    Lol I'm hoping for an A...! But, you know, I don't have a clue what I'll actually get...I can imagine the grade boundaries will be low, because it's a harder exam that many of hte 2003, 2002, etc past papers. Do you need anyhting in particular for this exam? I'm still in year 12, so lukcily it doesn't matter how I do coza the joy of retakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snuffy)
    i was really annoyed cos in all our mocks and stuff we've always been told to do all 4 questions within the 1 hour 20 mins. it threw me a bit! lucky i read the front of the paper! - i don't think anyone else did though!

did anyone manage the proof? i just worked it out as i ran out of time :mad:
    omg! Its always 3 q's only for P4 and 5 !! good job u did read the front hehe!!
    I did manage the proof...I thought it was ok...but I've never seen that style of proof on a p4 paper. Luckily they explain how to do those ones in the text book!

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I'm even luckier in a way--- I'm in Yr 13, finished my maths A level, and doing P4 for an "extra" F Maths AS. It is not in any of my offers and I'm basically doing it for fun!

Yeah this paper does have some rather obscure bits in it. I'll be really pleased if I get a good mark, but if I don't it doesn't really matter.

Are you going to do the full F maths A2 then?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I'm even luckier in a way--- I'm in Yr 13, finished my maths A level, and doing P4 for an "extra" F Maths AS. It is not in any of my offers and I'm basically doing it for fun!

Yeah this paper does have some rather obscure bits in it. I'll be really pleased if I get a good mark, but if I don't it doesn't really matter.

Are you going to do the full F maths A2 then?
    Yeh, well I'm doing P5 on the 29th then I would have completed the maths and further then.
    lol P4 for fun! haha, thats very brave of you!! At least there's less pressure on you to do well. Not a nice AS to take opitionally though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Heskins)
    omg! Its always 3 q's only for P4 and 5 !! good job u did read the front hehe!!
    I did manage the proof...I thought it was ok...but I've never seen that style of proof on a p4 paper. Luckily they explain how to do those ones in the text book!
    i think its was because the teacher is new and its the first year the centre has run anything higher than p3. bad though i think - it did kinda throw me at first.

after the joy that was this p4 paper, i then had to do m2!!!
    (luckily m2 was really easy - did anyone do m2?)

ReputationRep:
    I did M2. It was ok, but i buggered up 3(ii) and the last part of 4. Fortunately i managed to fix question 4 but i couldnt get my head round 3(ii) :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.