Bowls
    Tupperware
    Measuring Jugs
    Grater
    Turner
    Wooden Spoons and spatulas
    Tin opener?
    Bottle opener?
    An actual pan to boil pasta and potatoes etc?

ReputationRep:
    Can opener and a colander if you'll be cooking pasta.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have/need these too?

A tin opener
    Vegetable peeler
    Masher
    Kitchen scissors
    Ladle
    Sieve
    Colander
    Chopping board
    Timer
    Measuring spoons

ReputationRep:
    You don't really need all of them because your housemates will have some as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    You don't really need all of them because your housemates will have some as well.
    Everybody should have their own stuff.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Baking tray.

But I found that that was one of the things that we all shared - and it's not a problem as long as people wash it up afterwards. If not, then don't lend your stuff again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flint_sky7)
    Everybody should have their own stuff.
    lol are you joking?
    whats the point of 7 potato peelers, 7 tin openers, 7 cheese graters etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sqwertylol)
    lol are you joking?
    whats the point of 7 potato peelers, 7 tin openers, 7 cheese graters etc.
    No offence but if your flatmates end up being a bunch of skanks that like to do their washing up 5 days later or even not at all after theyve borrowed your stuff (thinking that youll do it yourself because the stuff is yours) then i think its fair to want to take everything of your own.

Also, its better than everybody having the "my flatmates will probably have that so theres no point in me buying it" mindset as youre bound to have loads of stuff missing.

Plus sooner or later you will need to buy everything of your own anyway if you move in to a house or something in your later years or after uni - your flatmates probably arent going to be there with their utensils.

Not to mention its better to have more incase something gets damaged or lost.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Labels so people don't knick your stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1501)
    No offence but if your flatmates end up being a bunch of skanks that like to do their washing up 5 days later or even not at all after theyve borrowed your stuff (thinking that youll do it yourself because the stuff is yours) then i think its fair to want to take everything of your own.

Also, its better than everybody having the "my flatmates will probably have that so theres no point in me buying it" mindset as youre bound to have loads of stuff missing.

Plus sooner or later you will need to buy everything of your own anyway if you move in to a house or something in your later years or after uni - your flatmates probably arent going to be there with their utensils.

Not to mention its better to have more incase something gets damaged or lost.
    Yeah but then again. If you have say a standard flat of 5 people (Some go as high as 10 I've heard) the kitchens are not that big. The cupboard space is not that great. There will be nowhere for everyone to put their individual set of everything. I'm telling you from past experience, it's complete chaos.

It is generally better to get together with your flatmates to see who's got what and what else is need and then offer to get what no one else brought. The only time this doesn't work is when you get people who are adamant no one touches their stuff....and generally those people aren't great flat mates anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Do you have/need these too?

A tin opener
    Vegetable peeler
    Masher
    Kitchen scissors
    Ladle
    Sieve
    Colander
    Chopping board
    Timer
    Measuring spoons
    You can use your phone instead of a timer

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.