Kaz14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello all,

My current predicament is that i am an apprentice who wishes to go into university. I am currently doing a level 2 Apprenticeship in business administration, and i intend on going onto a level 3. Meanwhile doing this i am planning to do 1/2 A Levels on the side in Biology alone or Biology and Chemistry. In university i wish to do Radiography preferably. However, if not radiography, a different Health science which is decently paid. Would i be able to go to university with these qualifications. If so, any ideas of uni's i can contact? (Keep in mind that a Level 3 apprenticeship is equal to 2 A levels).

Many thanks in advance.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kaz14)
Hello all,

My current predicament is that i am an apprentice who wishes to go into university. I am currently doing a level 2 Apprenticeship in business administration, and i intend on going onto a level 3. Meanwhile doing this i am planning to do 1/2 A Levels on the side in Biology alone or Biology and Chemistry. In university i wish to do Radiography preferably. However, if not radiography, a different Health science which is decently paid. Would i be able to go to university with these qualifications. If so, any ideas of uni's i can contact? (Keep in mind that a Level 3 apprenticeship is equal to 2 A levels).

Many thanks in advance.
Unis ask for relevant qualifications. So if you have a Level 3 qualification in business administration it might be equivalent to 2 A Levels, but it's not going to help an application for radiography. You would need mainly science or maths qualifications for that.You would be better to either forget the business qualification and study 3 A Levels, or choose a different subject.

If you did choose to study business at uni then your qualifications would be great.
MrJay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm just about to start uni studying Radiography. I didn't do A-levels, I did an Access to HE course in Science. However, if you were to get in with A-levels, your apprenticeship qualification wouldn't help you. You'll find that most uni's seek 3 A-levels, one being a science subject. Radiography focuses a lot on human anatomy and radiation physics, so Biology and Physics would be good choices for A-levels, possibly Psychology too. The modules in my Access course were Biology, Physics and Psychology so they're pretty good subjects to do.

In addition, I noticed you said if you couldn't get Radiography, you'd want to go into another health profession with decent pay. Don't allow money to be a factor in what you do, you should choose the course because you're genuinely interested in it and it's what you want more than anything else. Don't settle for second best, work hard and you will achieve your goal. It's taken me nearly 3 years to get to this point.

Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (638)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads