Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into Imperial this year. Strictly speaking, the talks and stuff start on Monday 5th, but people move into the halls on the 3rd, and they have an "Undergraduate Mingle" party on that day. Still, I'm living at home, and so technically joining when the course is underway, so aside from that, I'm not exactly sure what everyone will be doing. I imagine that I'll be missing out on something important; not related to the course, of course, but because everyone else is hanging out around campus, I sense that I may not get the same opportunity to get to know everyone in person. What's more, I don't know anyone who's also going on my course this year. I was going to join the Mingle at some point, but really I don't know what else I should do.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Nuclear Ghost)
    I'm going into Imperial this year. Strictly speaking, the talks and stuff start on Monday 5th, but people move into the halls on the 3rd, and they have an "Undergraduate Mingle" party on that day. Still, I'm living at home, and so technically joining when the course is underway, so aside from that, I'm not exactly sure what everyone will be doing. I imagine that I'll be missing out on something important; not related to the course, of course, but because everyone else is hanging out around campus, I sense that I may not get the same opportunity to get to know everyone in person. What's more, I don't know anyone who's also going on my course this year. I was going to join the Mingle at some point, but really I don't know what else I should do.
    Since this is specific to your uni itself, I m going to move it to the imperial section for you, hopefully someone can help there

ReputationRep:
    You're going to spend literally years with these people, I really doubt missing the first few days will make a real difference.
    What course might I ask? I'm also starting on the 5th for physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfterShave)
    You're going to spend literally years with these people, I really doubt missing the first few days will make a real difference.
    What course might I ask? I'm also starting on the 5th for physics.
    4 year straight physics course (F303). You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4 year straight physics course (F303). You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    F390 Four year theoretical physics for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfterShave)
    F390 Four year theoretical physics for me.
    Enjoy (of course)!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.