HELP I dislike geography but its easy but I like computerScience but it might be hard Watch

Txhmid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am currently doing GCSE Geography, Sociology and French. I like Sociology and French however I do not like doing Geography but it is easy..sort of. I am thinking of dropping Geography for GCSE Computer Science. Any advice or tips

Thanks
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Txhmid)
I am currently doing GCSE Geography, Sociology and French. I like Sociology and French however I do not like doing Geography but it is easy..sort of. I am thinking of dropping Geography for GCSE Computer Science. Any advice or tips

Thanks
I have very little experience of Geography but I take Computer Science. Do you have access to the % A*-C for these departments? If geography is much better I would stick to that but other than that I would swap to Computer Science if you will enjoy that. You don't want to spend 2 years doing a subject you don't like! You do need to be okay at Maths so you can do the binary to hex conversions etc but apart from that as long as you can do the programming as well then Computer Science shouldn't be too hard. Your teacher will guide you through it.
HTH
Txhmid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
I have very little experience of Geography but I take Computer Science. Do you have access to the % A*-C for these departments? If geography is much better I would stick to that but other than that I would swap to Computer Science if you will enjoy that. You don't want to spend 2 years doing a subject you don't like! You do need to be okay at Maths so you can do the binary to hex conversions etc but apart from that as long as you can do the programming as well then Computer Science shouldn't be too hard. Your teacher will guide you through it.
HTH
so in the comptuer science gcse exam can you choose what program you want for your coursework? eg python scratch
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
I did both Geography and Computer Science at GCSE and loved them both, I found CompSci to be alright actually, if you have a good teacher you can do quite well in it. It's not that hard, maybe the algorithm questions, but with practice it improved.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Txhmid)
so in the comptuer science gcse exam can you choose what program you want for your coursework? eg python scratch
No, or at least I don't think so. You do CA (assuming you're in year 10) which is where you get given 2 tasks and you have to program them and evidence it. I suppose you might get to chose in some schools but in our school we have to do the language we have been learning at the school upto the point of doing the CA. Then there's the exam which is worth 40% and is the theory behind the computer. This includes binary to hex to denary conversions, components of a computer system among other things which I can't think of off the top of my head. If you know which exam board you are doing you can look up the specification on their website or it should be in your options booklet if you have it handy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads