Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm doing maths bio and physics at the moment at as level.

I've had a few physics lessons (OCR) and I find it a bit hard. I don't know whether I should drop it and take chemistry on instead, but I'm not sure how hard it will be compared to physics. The chemistry exam board is edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleonezz)
    Hi

I'm doing maths bio and physics at the moment at as level.

I've had a few physics lessons (OCR) and I find it a bit hard. I don't know whether I should drop it and take chemistry on instead, but I'm not sure how hard it will be compared to physics. The chemistry exam board is edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are you hoping to do at university?

ReputationRep:
    physics is definitely the hardest science subject but if the career and university course you are wanting to do after Alevels wants you to do physics then take it and try as hard as you can to make it work. if you don't need physics then definitely go for chemistry

See if you can actually drop it and still have an AS grade because at my school if you drop it, you get nothing.
    Also A levels are meant to give you a little challenge, if you find it hard then don't be shy to ask your teachers for help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehrdad jafari)
    What are you hoping to do at university?
    If I continue physics then maybe engineering, if not computer science. Both courses interest me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleonezz)
    If I continue physics then maybe engineering, if not computer science. Both courses interest me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If your genuine interest is in Computer science then drop the Physics and do Chemistry or some IT related A level, but if you heart is in Engineering then stay with Physics, although Physics is of great of benefit for both courses

ReputationRep:
    Mehrdad has summed up what I wanted to say, but in addition I'd like to point out that I have seen many claim that Chem is harder than Physics. Obviously it's down for dispute but hey.

Think about your passion for the future and what will enable you to get there,

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.