Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview Wednesday to work in a pub/bar/nightclub setting.
    How do I approach this? Has anybody else been interviewed for bar work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I had mine they asked me about my previous experience and skills, they also asked had I been to that venue and what nights/music I was into

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph.Jade)
    When I had mine they asked me about my previous experience and skills, they also asked had I been to that venue and what nights/music I was into
    how did you reply? did you get the job? I'm applying for a bartender job in a nightclub as well lol

ReputationRep:
    Okay okay...
    Does getting drunk as a student count? 😂
    I was a tad scared they would ask me make a drink.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd told them I went there most Wednesday nights on the student night. Didn't have any bar experience but had worked in a shop so spoke about customer service, keeping calm with big queues etc

ReputationRep:
    I'd told them I went there most Wednesday nights on the student night. Didn't have any bar experience but had worked in a shop so spoke about customer service, keeping calm with big queues etc
    Okay thanks!
    I'm gonna brush up on my knowledge of drinks anyway just in case 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    Okay thanks!
    I'm gonna brush up on my knowledge of drinks anyway just in case 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    I was a tad scared they would ask me make a drink.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They won't do that, but they probably should. I mean, if you can't make a drink properly you have no business being behind a bar.

Normally it's a trial shift though if you pass the interview to assess your competence for the job.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bar job. Just be sentient and not frozen in internalized anxiety and you'll be fine.

They'll want someone who smiles when they walk in to the interview (I've spoke to managers who have this as a rule), who at least pretends to be warm throughout.
    Unless you're applying for a top hotel or bar they won't expect you to mix a drink. You're not a mixologist.

Stop over thinking this. All it takes is to walk in smiling, and be confident that you can put some liquid in a container.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.