Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm very worried because yesterday when i moved to UCLAN i was told by various people that the lectures held this week will not be compulsory to attend. Today i had three lectures and after getting lost, i arrived to one of them late and felt rude to walk in. I missed one because i was waiting for my student card and i missed the library tour because i thought it was a bit pointless considering i was sat in the library waiting for my student card for about 45 minutes.
    I'm getting all worked up and stressed because i missed three lectures today, and i've just been told by my flatmate that you have to attend them as they're being strict on attendance

What should i do? please help .
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Taylorbabyx)
    I'm very worried because yesterday when i moved to UCLAN i was told by various people that the lectures held this week will not be compulsory to attend. Today i had three lectures and after getting lost, i arrived to one of them late and felt rude to walk in. I missed one because i was waiting for my student card and i missed the library tour because i thought it was a bit pointless considering i was sat in the library waiting for my student card for about 45 minutes.
    I'm getting all worked up and stressed because i missed three lectures today, and i've just been told by my flatmate that you have to attend them as they're being strict on attendance

What should i do? please help .
    Hey
    Generally they are compulsory to go to, they ll be a bit more lenient with being late (you'll learn how each lecturer reacts to being late, some will say if you're late to drop them an email and then walk in when you do arrive avoiding disturbing people as best you can or some will give you say 10 minutes after it starts and then ask you to wait until the break, do you have access to blackboard yet? there'll be handbooks with these sorts of things explained in there)
    and things as its only week one so don't go panicking quite yet, you can work on it before next week. I would go forward just by maybe apologising for being late today and work on being on time for everything as best you can from now on.
    In future if the queue for anything is long go back later in the day, although you do really need your id card you need to go to your lectures to so make that judgement if its too long a queue you go back later. There might be library tours on at other times this week to make up for what you missed but believe me it would be very helpful if you can make up for missing it some way.

Hope this explains some things and makes you feel less panicky, just remember it's week one so time for you to get used to things really so they dont expect you to be perfect with everything quite yet

ReputationRep:
    don't worry too much taylor. if you're on Asia Pacific studies or English/Modern Language/Tesol then I can help you out since we're all under the same subject leader (Dr Yu Tao). stop stressing, you need to survive the first year yet, girl!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 14, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.