Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im going laptop shopping tonight and just wondered if anyone has any laptop suggestions. Maybe one youve had yourself or just one you know about. Want one that is fast, good memory. Will mainly be used for internet and essay writing. Budget is £300-£400. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well if you shop around (I normally go to Curry's) you can get a laptop ion offer for your price range with a 1tb hard drive, decent processor and at least 4gb RAM (sometimes 8)

ReputationRep:
    cookie laptop.........just joking ...raspberry pi

ReputationRep:
    Which dell inspiron laptop is better to get?dell inspiron 13.3 i3 5010u 2.1gz new £495
    or
    dell inspiron 13.3 i5 5200u 2.6gz second hand for £400

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adrian12150)
    Which dell inspiron laptop is better to get?dell inspiron 13.3 i3 5010u 2.1gz new £495
    or
    dell inspiron 13.3 i5 5200u 2.6gz second hand for £400
    Depends on how well looked after the second hand is.

OP do not buy a laptop from PC world, they are con artists, you can get laptops cheaper online

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Check eBay. I was worried about getting one second hand, but they're so much cheaper than new that I went ahead and got one for £600 that was worth £1400 if I were to get it new. I am selling it now to save for a pc, check it out if you want:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/c...hdd/1133406350

ReputationRep:
    I agree second hand can be a great choice. But I would not compromise on performance. I would go for an i7 processor.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.