The Student Room Group

My A-level choices?

A few people I have talked say that I am doing "easy" A-levels. I want to study a psychology degree and I chose these subjects because I got good results in my GCSE's and and I find them interesting plus they -kind of- go well together? (i will justify my reasons)
Psychology- How people think
Sociology-How people act
Early modern history- What people did
and this AS statistic course my collage, to help with psychology. I looked at uni websites and they class psychology under their requirements as an acceptable science subject. Are my A-level choices really that bad?
I may be wrong but you may wanna have a biology in there (if you want to study psychology at uni)

Your subjects aren't 'bad'. It's better to get AAA in those subjects rather than getting something like CDE in hard-core STEM subjects

Make sure you work hard and just ignore others who are trying to belittle your subject. They're not accepting your uni application so their opinion is irrelevant :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
they're very good actually
If you want to apply for psychology those a levels are completely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindtrauma
A few people I have talked say that I am doing "easy" A-levels. I want to study a psychology degree and I chose these subjects because I got good results in my GCSE's and and I find them interesting plus they -kind of- go well together? (i will justify my reasons)
Psychology- How people think
Sociology-How people act
Early modern history- What people did
and this AS statistic course my collage, to help with psychology. I looked at uni websites and they class psychology under their requirements as an acceptable science subject. Are my A-level choices really that bad?

Your chosen A-Levels aren't in anyway 'bad' - in fact, they are really good for your chosen degree (although angelcake123 has a point, Biology might be a good idea). It sounds like you've done a lot of research into the course you want to do at uni, and you know that the A-Levels you have chosen are acceptable so don't worry about what others think! Just work hard for the next two years :smile:
I got into UCL psych with: Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy & Ethics + EPQ and Health & Social care AS

They're fine

Quick Reply

Latest