Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a job in a popular store a couple of weeks ago, had my interview last week and was offered a job while I was there. I accepted but didn't sign anything.

They rang me this morning asking me to come in tomorrow to sign some paperwork and bring my ID with me. So I still haven't signed anythig yet.

Something came up all of a sudden and due to personal circumstances I really don't think it'll be possible for me to work there afterall.

I think the manager has ordered my uniform and he said a number of times that he hopes I won't waste his time and money. Scared me a little!

They're looking to hire a lot of people over the next month, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Whether that means I'm more disposable and they won't care I don't know.

Anyway is it unethical and assholish of me to back out now? I'm really nervous about the phone conversation and I'm worried they'll be angry with me for wasting time and money (if they've ordered my uniform)? Or is it not a big deal?

I know I worry too much but it's been driving me crazy I can't relax! 😔 please help

ReputationRep:
    No it's not assholish of you to back out, you haven't signed anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    No it's not assholish of you to back out, you haven't signed anything.
    That's what everyone is telling me but the manager is so full on I feel like he might come to my house and murder me haha!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilybarratt96)
    That's what everyone is telling me but the manager is so full on I feel like he might come to my house and murder me haha!

Thank you
    Yeah, nothing to fret about

ReputationRep:
    You may also be able to try and explain your situation and if possible, as you said they are looking to hire lots of people, renegotiate your proposed contract to suit yourself better.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.