The Student Room Group

I cheated on my boyfriend

Hello, so I have been going out with my boyfriend for around 6 months, before we where together I was secretly sleeping with my best mates brother (name: harry)who is also my boyfriends best mate. We last slept with each other around 2 weeks before I had met my new boyfriend. I have had such strong feeling for harryy for many years but we where scared of what his sister would say due to me and her being such good friends. Anyway on the Friday just past me and all my mates went to the pubs and then a house party, my boyfriend was also there, half way through the night at the house party I went upstairs and harry came up and we ended up talking in the bathroom and me being drunk admitted I always had feeling for him and wished something could of happened before, when I got up to leave he got hold of me and kissed me, I pulled away but still ended up letting him and carried on, things led on and we ended up having a very quick moment (sex) for around 2 minutes becase we heard the door go which was my boyfriend, he guessed straight away but I lied and told him that I was just going to the toilet and Harry was just making sure I was okay. He believed the lie but now I feel so bad and hate it when my boyfriend touches me or does anything nice and I have no one to talk to! Please help I know I'm wrong and I feel sick inside but he's been hurt so many times I don't want to upset him more....

Scroll to see replies

Lol, you're an ******** for doing that. You know hes "been hurt so many times" yet you still did what you did. Tell him what you did, if he forgives you then so be it if not then you get what you deserve. It'll be worse if he finds out on his own.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, so I have been going out with my boyfriend for around 6 months, before we where together I was secretly sleeping with my best mates brother (name: harry)who is also my boyfriends best mate. We last slept with each other around 2 weeks before I had met my new boyfriend. I have had such strong feeling for harryy for many years but we where scared of what his sister would say due to me and her being such good friends. Anyway on the Friday just past me and all my mates went to the pubs and then a house party, my boyfriend was also there, half way through the night at the house party I went upstairs and harry came up and we ended up talking in the bathroom and me being drunk admitted I always had feeling for him and wished something could of happened before, when I got up to leave he got hold of me and kissed me, I pulled away but still ended up letting him and carried on, things led on and we ended up having a very quick moment (sex) for around 2 minutes becase we heard the door go which was my boyfriend, he guessed straight away but I lied and told him that I was just going to the toilet and Harry was just making sure I was okay. He believed the lie but now I feel so bad and hate it when my boyfriend touches me or does anything nice and I have no one to talk to! Please help I know I'm wrong and I feel sick inside but he's been hurt so many times I don't want to upset him more....

Girl u should have known better than to bring this here lol. Now ur about to be flamed by all of the lonely, sad TSR-ers who dream of having a bf/gf/
You disgust me. Own up to what you did so he can dump you and find someone who won't cheat on him. He doesn't deserve you or that 'friend' of his smh.
Reply 4

Why? Just... Why?! And by the way that 'sick' feeling is called guilt. At least it shows you still have a heart. Id come clean with your guy though, that just aint right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wooaaahh, why would you do that!? And you lied which makes it even worse, that's an assh*le thing to do. WHY BE WITH SOMEONE IF YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE ELSE?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND. oh my god, you should come clean.
Reply 6

You are the worst kind of human. If you are gonna cheat, then let your BF go, no point in hurting him.
I don't get why people can't man up and just break off their current relationship if they know they have feelings for someone else. Using the actual boyfriend or girlfriend as a safety net in case their feelings aren't reciprocated by the other party is just plain selfish and inconsiderate.

Tell your boyfriend what really happened. Your relationship is obviously wrong in the first place if you're having a quickie in the toilet at a party. As for repercussions from your boyfriend and best friend, it's deserved. But honesty about it is somewhat redeeming.
(edited 8 years ago)

You go girl! Women power!
Original post by pmprin
Girl u should have known better than to bring this here lol. Now ur about to be flamed by all of the lonely, sad TSR-ers who dream of having a bf/gf/

I am one, but I agree completely :biggrin: what some us would do to actually have a relationship....

You should be feeling guilty i had an dx friend do the same but continued to lie to him. I told her to tell me or i would, she refused to tell him and said it was none of my business. But the person she cheated on was also my friend i couldn't stand by and let someone get hurt! Tell him ! He has a right to know, man up n get it done

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should tell your bf. Who knows? He may be up for a threesome with you and Harry.:tongue:

Aww you feel sick? Awww poor you 😴😴
Seriously just do your boyfriend a favour and tell him what a **** you are so he can dump you and find someone who won't treat him like ****. Did you seriously expect to receive sympathy for this mess of a post? **** off
Reply 13
im triggered
Reply 14
Nothing worse than someone using being drunk as an excuse. Tell the guy what you did and let him go and enjoy his life with someone better.
As someone who has also cheated, I would advise just breaking up. My boyfriend decided he was able to forgive me, as it was just a kiss, but we ended up breaking things off a year later anyway, as neither of us were really that happy. Cheating is a sign that you don't really care about the person you're with. And drunkenness is no excuse, if you were drunk and somebody gave you a gun you wouldn't murder someone, you cheated because the feelings for the other guy were already there, or even maybe because the feelings with your boyfriend were no longer there. It's not fair on him to try to work through this, as you clearly like the other guy anyway, so it's not going to last, and you're just prolonging the hurt. He'll feel betrayed if you tell him, but that's nothing compared to the heartbreak he'll feel if he realises you lied. Also you probably shouldn't get with the second guy either, if he's happy too hook up with a girl who has a boyfriend, then he's probably willing to cheat on you too. Take some time to be single, and re-evaluate what you want from a relationship, because a drunken shag in a bathroom probably isn't it.
One of the worst things you can do to someone is cheat on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maxi365
One of the worst things you can do to someone is cheat on them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also, I'll second that ^
Feel like it goes without saying that cheating is a properly lousy thing to do. Relationships make you really vulnerable to another person, and the beauty of them is that you can feel safe and secure in the knowledge that even though they could hurt you, they won't. You've really hurt this guy and it's just not fair on him to ask him to forgive you, but also you don't get the right to tell him how guilty you feel. You absolutely should feel ashamed, it's a horrible thing to do, but it's best for both of you to split up, so he can move on and have a girlfriend who actually cares for him and respects him enough to only sleep with him, and you can figure out what you want.
He deserves better.
You know the answer, break up with him.

Why would you get into a relationship if you have such strong feelings for someone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending