Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my DSA application about 2 or 3 weeks ago, with evidence and so on, and was wondering how long each stage of DSA usually takes to process?

How soon will they probably get back to me about approving my application? And then how should I go about going for my needs assessment?

I'm starting my second year in only 2 weeks so it'd be very handy to get my DSA sorted out as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by shadowofadoubt)
    I sent off my DSA application about 2 or 3 weeks ago, with evidence and so on, and was wondering how long each stage of DSA usually takes to process?

How soon will they probably get back to me about approving my application? And then how should I go about going for my needs assessment?

I'm starting my second year in only 2 weeks so it'd be very handy to get my DSA sorted out as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Depends on the funding body really but up to 4 weeks, then your needs assessment depends on when the assessors have got a free appointment could be a week or two. I gave my needs assessment company a call and booked an appointment like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Depends on the funding body really but up to 4 weeks, then your needs assessment depends on when the assessors have got a free appointment could be a week or two. I gave my needs assessment company a call and booked an appointment like that.
    Ooh thanks! That's given me at least a rough idea of how everything will be done. Pretty sure the nearest assessment centre to me is the centre of the city I'm in, so that'll be covenient!

Thanks again!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Ooh thanks! That's given me at least a rough idea of how everything will be done. Pretty sure the nearest assessment centre to me is the centre of the city I'm in, so that'll be covenient!

Thanks again!
    Some needs assessment companies can come out to your university to do it but if its in your city anyway then that should make it much easier for you

ReputationRep:
    Mine took 3weeks to be accepted, 6 days for my assessment and she now has two weeks to write up the report to be sent off in which it can take up to 10 days after they've received the report to have all the equipment and "human" help in place, my course starts on the 28th, so it won't be available for the first week but that's usually the induction part anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Although I sent everything that was needed off to SFE, somehow I've received a letter saying that I need to send them evidence? Which I already have done? Either this is a standard formulaic message, or I actually need to resend everything?

This is so frustrating and I have no idea what else I can do. I can't think of anything else that I need to send that hasn't already been sent?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Although I sent everything that was needed off to SFE, somehow I've received a letter saying that I need to send them evidence? Which I already have done? Either this is a standard formulaic message, or I actually need to resend everything?

This is so frustrating and I have no idea what else I can do. I can't think of anything else that I need to send that hasn't already been sent?
    I would give them a call as they can sometimes be a bit fussy with evidence or it could be they've not added your evidence to the system quite yet and they ve sent that letter as an automated letter.

ReputationRep:
    Just to agree with Claire - contact them and ask.
    They are v particular about the evidence you send. For example, in addition to my full diagnostic report and panel consensus report for Aspergers, I also had to send letter from my GP and despite a detailed diagnostic report of dyspraxia, also needed to complete and send another done post 16.
    Hopefully they do have what they need and can confirm this when you call them.
    Fingers crossed and good luck.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.