Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else had a really bad teacher this year? My psychology teacher has been off college for weeks at a time, she taught has taught us all of the wrong things and even when she did show up for class she told us to sit and talk and didnt teach us! Everyone in my class complained but nothing happened and now its coming closer to the exam im worried i wont get the A i need! has anyone had a similar problem? I don't know what to do about it!

ReputationRep:
    my chemistry teacher - crap

ReputationRep:
    Maths&Physics.

ReputationRep:
    What did u do? can you get "special consideration"? Its totally unfair because we had a great teacher last yr and we got brilliant grades but this years are going to be crap!

ReputationRep:
    ill just fail, ive given up now.im not carying on with chemistry next year, its too late now im going to make a mess of it tomorrow morning!!

ReputationRep:
    my english literature teacher, won't let us write essays.

ReputationRep:
    I cant fail tho I need AAB to get into Cambridge, I worked so hard and then i realised i'd learned something totally wrong. So i've basically taught myself a years work, if i dont get a A im going to kill her grrrrr!

ReputationRep:
    My psychology teacher has been off for 6 months (went away about nov. time). For a month and a half we went without a teacher. Then we got a sociology teacher who knew sweet FA about psychology. He taught us incorrect stuff. Some lessons we were told to copy from the book. Our class complained ans we were told to be greatful 'we had a teacher and that the course wasn't dispanded' - so yeah, I know what it's like a have a crap/non-existant teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_guy769)
    Has anyone else had a really bad teacher this year? My psychology teacher has been off college for weeks at a time, she taught has taught us all of the wrong things and even when she did show up for class she told us to sit and talk and didnt teach us! Everyone in my class complained but nothing happened and now its coming closer to the exam im worried i wont get the A i need! has anyone had a similar problem? I don't know what to do about it!
    The college i am at has 2 main teaches to teach HSC and the rest are all agency and half are not qualified to teach the specific unit. So many people are coming out with bad grades. Some students have none at all for some units. Its really bad. It has destroyed some peoples chance to get to the university they want. When we complain the lecturers say its our falut. Anyway two weeks left and i've then completed the course and i feel that a few facts are going to be said. :rolleyes: :eek: :mad: It will all happend in this order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    my chemistry teacher - crap
    Same!!

we had a teacher who stayed for about a while then left.. he was really good
    the rest... blah u'd learn more well not turning up...

ReputationRep:
    you can sue your school if you don't get the grade you were predicted by being taught the wrong syallubus or poor teaching. you can sue for loss of earnings, loss of self esteem and humilation among your peers. We looked at a case in Law about it and the girl won £150,00

ReputationRep:
    My AS Physics and Pure Maths (P1-P3) teachers were crap. They both got fired at the end of the year, leaving us, the students, in more crap. I had to learn P3 all by myself, and now I'm gonna start learning Unit 2 Physics by myself, and revise Astrophysics (only because I don't have time to learn another Topic).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinkledust)
    you can sue your school if you don't get the grade you were predicted by being taught the wrong syallubus or poor teaching. you can sue for loss of earnings, loss of self esteem and humilation among your peers. We looked at a case in Law about it and the girl won £150,00
    Really I might sue my maths teacher who hasn't taught me anything for THREE years, I'm gonna have to work like hell to get my A* and if I don't get it, I'm sueing, well maybe...

ReputationRep:
    yeah but itd b a pretty hard case to win... prolly have to dish out enuf for a good soliciter and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Can you reallly? Was it difficult to claim. It's just that the lecturers at our college are good at insulting the students and backing up each other.

ReputationRep:
    if you were predicted a good grade and you had staff to back up how hard working you are, you could. but you'd have to fork out a lot for a solicitor and barrister, thousands

ReputationRep:
    you'd have to fork out a lot for a solicitor and barrister, thousands
    No chance for our group them. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    wll there is enough to sue my teacher everyone knows shes crap even the school, they as much as said so. She went as far as using my work as handouts for the class, which was wrong because she told me to be stuff in which is what AQA said dont use! So now i feel bad because everyone has my work which i know is wrong and the school just said dont worry about others as long as u make the grade!

ReputationRep:
    Sueing them has been suggested a few times....

Predicted grades? I never got those for psychology .... they require a teacher to predict them. Oh well, I'm probably gonna drop it for A2.

ReputationRep:
    but if you win, they have to pay your fees. but if you lose, they have to pay yours

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.