Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When i had friends id text them and they wouldn't text till hrs if not days later (i understand people get busy) but how long does it take to send a text !! Id message straight back and theni wouldn't hear anything for hrs !!
    Is it me then because it kept happening, it happened with my ex bf too who wasn't even in my friend group. So i just dont understand.
    The only person who was ever committed was my best friend who i have recently had to disown as i couldn't stand the jealousy i had over his girlfriend friend 😢 help me !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I understand.... Its so annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think i was the only one..any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepheonixburns)
    When i had friends id text them and they wouldn't text till hrs if not days later (i understand people get busy) but how long does it take to send a text !! Id message straight back and theni wouldn't hear anything for hrs !!
    Is it me then because it kept happening, it happened with my ex bf too who wasn't even in my friend group. So i just dont understand.
    The only person who was ever committed was my best friend who i have recently had to disown as i couldn't stand the jealousy i had over his girlfriend friend 😢 help me !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aw im that person who reads the text and then replies like a week later. I have spurts where I reply straight away for a while and then just suddenly stop. I know I know its only a text but to me if it doesn't need a urgent reply ill get back to it later on like a few hours or days. im really bad at replying or I reply with one or two words. I apologise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    aw im that person who reads the text and then replies like a week later. I have spurts where I reply straight away for a while and then just suddenly stop. I know I know its only a text but to me if it doesn't need a urgent reply ill get back to it later on like a few hours or days. im really bad at replying or I reply with one or two words. I apologise
    Thanks...u think but haven't you ever thought about how the other person feels? For me, especially with my ex i just felt unimportant, and as a girlfriend that's not how i wanted to feel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepheonixburns)
    Thanks...u think but haven't you ever thought about how the other person feels? For me, especially with my ex i just felt unimportant, and as a girlfriend that's not how i wanted to feel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know but all my family, friends, friends of friends all know what I am like. they just either keep texting or end up ringing me. the amount of time they've shouted or said sarky comments makes me laugh but its just a habit.

but I will now try my best to reply to messages as soon as I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    I know but all my family, friends, friends of friends all know what I am like. they just either keep texting or end up ringing me. the amount of time they've shouted or said sarky comments makes me laugh but its just a habit.

but I will now try my best to reply to messages as soon as I can
    Thank you..im pretty sure it'll make a difference ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2015
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.