The Student Room Group

Having 9 A level exams!

hey!

I am planning on retaking 3 modules from my AS, which will leaves me with 9 exams in June. Is this too much ??? Anyone with experience that can help me, like how did you manage your time in between the exams?
Original post by Coconut29
hey!

I am planning on retaking 3 modules from my AS, which will leaves me with 9 exams in June. Is this too much ??? Anyone with experience that can help me, like how did you manage your time in between the exams?

LOL, I'm having about 14/15!
Reply 2
Original post by Coconut29
hey!

Yeah, I agree with the above poster. You're being melodramatic. I've got 16 A-Level exams in January. 9 exams is nothing.
Reply 3
Thats about average bro, most people have between 8 and 10. I've got 13 to look forward to :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mate last year had 9 without retaking anything, it just depends on what subjects you do, people do it all the time and suvive it
Reply 5
I had 18 without any retakes :colonhash:
So no, 9 isn't a lot - just set your priorities right and revise accordingly (eg do more studying for the exams that need it beforehand during exam leave and the night before focus on the exam the next day)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey:smile:,

I'm currently planning on 11-12 exams :s-smilie:, 4-5 of which are retakes!
I am starting revision now, mostly the retake modules, so that I am prepared for them well before the exam dates.

As for in the actual exam time it depends on how long the gaps are between each exam. I think you should at least be revising for the upcoming exam and the one after that, so you are an exam ahead in terms of preparation. Although if it's consecutive days, I usually just revise for the closest exam.

Think back to GCSE, and how you managed your time then, as it's a similar amount of exams.

But remember to do other stuff than just revising! Exercise/sport is really helpful.

A bit vague, but hope I could help!

Edit: also obviously focus more of your time on topics you find hardest
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
:smile: Thank you for all your replies, I know that compared to other students 9 exams is not too much, but I just didn't want to be too focused on my retakes that I don't do as well in my A2 exams. The main thing I am worried about is that they are all back to back!
Reply 8
Original post by BekahMay
My mate last year had 9 without retaking anything, it just depends on what subjects you do, people do it all the time and suvive it

Do you mind me asking what grades she got, and which subjects she take?
(edited 8 years ago)
It was at AS she got AABB taking Biology Math Chemistry and Psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending