sadie229
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am currently in year 11 and I am not sure which sixth forms to look at. I live in Highgate and would really appreciate if you could give me a few names of good sixth forms. I would like to take Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics (Still not 100% sure) and therefore I would want the school to be good at teaching that subject. I don't mind them being too far away, as long as I can get there by public transport, however I would prefer them to be less than an hour away if possible.
Thank you!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Alfie565
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Theres Highlands School, Woodhouse Sixth Form, Barnet College does A Levels as-well but its a bit of a travel unless by car.
brokenbassline
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Woodhouse, Latymer, APS, Mill Hill, Fortismere.
SuhailaH1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same situation in terms of considering different A-levels and sixth forms, from what I've heard and researches
Latymer is a really good school and has good A-level results, if you have the grades for it, i think you need 6 As to get in and at least As for the subjects you want to take, Woodhouse is also good if you like independent study and they accept A-B grades and are lenient in that, but it really depends on your preferences and the subjects you want to take, there's also laSWAP, mill hill, qegs, owens, ashmole and fortismere
imkansiz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know if the grades I have are enough to get me accepted into woodhouse..
saah026
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Theres also other private independent sixth form college in north london e.g. London Brookes College etc. It is meant to be good and is also next to Hendon central underground station which is not that far away from highgate on public transport. Not sure what their entry requirements are but worth contacting them for more information. They do offer A level Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics subjects that you are thinking of taking and allow students to switch over even after having started A levels at another college...http://www.londonbrookescollege.co.u...course-london/

However I would advise to make a decision quickly as by now most sixth form colleges are full and you'll also need to catch up fast on all the classes you've missed!
sadie229
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by rojda)
I don't know if the grades I have are enough to get me accepted into woodhouse..
What grades did you get?
imkansiz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sadie229)
What grades did you get?
1A* and 4Bs in year 10, currently predicted 6A/A*s
Mr Tekes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dame Alice Owen's is good innit good links by bus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads