Turn on thread page Beta

Is this normal or am I just paranoid? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I went to a job interview today and as soon as id finished being interviewed, the manager asked me to give her my passport and debit card to scan. I can understand the need to scan my passport but I don't get why my debit card was scanned? I had already previously filled out a form, where I wrote down my NI number, account details etc so I am so confused. Obviously my debit card has my bank details on it, and so if anyone gets hold of this then surely I am at risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmy15)
    Basically, I went to a job interview today and as soon as id finished being interviewed, the manager asked me to give her my passport and debit card to scan. I can understand the need to scan my passport but I don't get why my debit card was scanned? I had already previously filled out a form, where I wrote down my NI number, account details etc so I am so confused. Obviously my debit card has my bank details on it, and so if anyone gets hold of this then surely I am at risk.
    That is really weird. They should have just asked for your passport... why didn't you ask there?

ReputationRep:
    That is really weird. They should have just asked for your passport... why didn't you ask there?

I really don't know why I didn't ask them tbh. I guess it may have been nerves as this is my first ever job interview:doh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    I get you.. call up and ask i guess. Especially if you don't get the job. Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    passport yes, that not that unusual.

But bank cards, thats not right

ReputationRep:
    Who was the interview with? Are you sure it wasn't fake interviews being used to gain bank details? Because yes I agree that is a huge risk. As now having all the details from your card, including the security number they could very easily purchase things online under your bank details.

ReputationRep:
    Who was the interview with? Are you sure it wasn't fake interviews being used to gain bank details? Because yes I agree that is a huge risk. As now having all the details from your card, including the security number they could very easily purchase things online under your bank details.

The interview was for a catering company at a sports stadium. I doubt it was a fake interview as I already know that people work there. However, they scanned the front of my card, not the back of it with my security number, but still, it is not impossible for anyone to memorise the last 3 digits shown from my security code:hmmmm2:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.