charlotted123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey,

I'm applying to Oxford to do Law and I'm taking the LNAT next month. Does anyone know what kind of score Oxford look for out of 42? Also, are there any other practice papers aside from the two on the LNAT website?

Thank Youuuu
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Caitlan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The average interview short-listed score for 2014 entry was 26.68 and the average offer-receiver score was 27.78. Also there was at least one candidate who scored 14 (2013 entry) and at least one candidate who scored 15 (2014 entry) who got short-listed for interview.

As far as I know, the only papers for the MCQ section are the two on the LNAT site. Maybe try TSA papers for a similar (but different challenge)
charlotted123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Caitlan)
The average interview short-listed score for 2014 entry was 26.68 and the average offer-receiver score was 27.78. Also there was at least one candidate who scored 14 (2013 entry) and at least one candidate who scored 15 (2014 entry) who got short-listed for interview.

As far as I know, the only papers for the MCQ section are the two on the LNAT site. Maybe try TSA papers for a similar (but different challenge)
thanks for your help!
aguyapplies
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The essay is pretty important too; more than the score, I hear, though that is only hearsay. I got 21 (average was 21.3)
Estreth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aguyapplies)
The essay is pretty important too; more than the score, I hear, though that is only hearsay. I got 21 (average was 21.3)
A very good essay is more likely to compensate for a poor MCQ than vice versa.
mishieru07
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Estreth)
A very good essay is more likely to compensate for a poor MCQ than vice versa.
(Original post by Caitlan)

Would either of you happen to have sources? I'm quite interested in looking at how the law faculty factors the LNAT into the admissions process.

That said, I know someone who helped mark LNAT essays, and he told me that for the applicants he marked, there was a pretty good co-relation between MCQ and essay scores.
Caitlan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mishieru07)
Would either of you happen to have sources? I'm quite interested in looking at how the law faculty factors the LNAT into the admissions process.

That said, I know someone who helped mark LNAT essays, and he told me that for the applicants he marked, there was a pretty good co-relation between MCQ and essay scores.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...0Ltr.docx.html
mishieru07
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you! (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads