Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm applying to Oxford to do Law and I'm taking the LNAT next month. Does anyone know what kind of score Oxford look for out of 42? Also, are there any other practice papers aside from the two on the LNAT website?

Thank Youuuu
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    x

ReputationRep:
    The average interview short-listed score for 2014 entry was 26.68 and the average offer-receiver score was 27.78. Also there was at least one candidate who scored 14 (2013 entry) and at least one candidate who scored 15 (2014 entry) who got short-listed for interview.

As far as I know, the only papers for the MCQ section are the two on the LNAT site. Maybe try TSA papers for a similar (but different challenge)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caitlan)
    The average interview short-listed score for 2014 entry was 26.68 and the average offer-receiver score was 27.78. Also there was at least one candidate who scored 14 (2013 entry) and at least one candidate who scored 15 (2014 entry) who got short-listed for interview.

As far as I know, the only papers for the MCQ section are the two on the LNAT site. Maybe try TSA papers for a similar (but different challenge)
    thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    The essay is pretty important too; more than the score, I hear, though that is only hearsay. I got 21 (average was 21.3)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aguyapplies)
    The essay is pretty important too; more than the score, I hear, though that is only hearsay. I got 21 (average was 21.3)
    A very good essay is more likely to compensate for a poor MCQ than vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Estreth)
    A very good essay is more likely to compensate for a poor MCQ than vice versa.
    (Original post by Caitlan)

Would either of you happen to have sources? I'm quite interested in looking at how the law faculty factors the LNAT into the admissions process.

That said, I know someone who helped mark LNAT essays, and he told me that for the applicants he marked, there was a pretty good co-relation between MCQ and essay scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mishieru07)
    Would either of you happen to have sources? I'm quite interested in looking at how the law faculty factors the LNAT into the admissions process.

That said, I know someone who helped mark LNAT essays, and he told me that for the applicants he marked, there was a pretty good co-relation between MCQ and essay scores.
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...0Ltr.docx.html

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! (:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.