Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a D in the actual aqa AS exam (but and A in the coursework so my overall grade was a C) so I am going to retake the exam. My teacher has said I can pick any prose book on the syllabus rather than re doing the ones my class did last year (I will keep the same poetry texts though), so my question is: which books did you guys do, and how easy were they in terms of writing an exam answer on them (I did aqa Lit B and studied the great gatsby and the kite runner)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelthehuman)
    I got a D in the actual aqa AS exam (but and A in the coursework so my overall grade was a C) so I am going to retake the exam. My teacher has said I can pick any prose book on the syllabus rather than re doing the ones my class did last year (I will keep the same poetry texts though), so my question is: which books did you guys do, and how easy were they in terms of writing an exam answer on them (I did aqa Lit B and studied the great gatsby and the kite runner)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello! I did the exact same board as you and I'm thinking of re-sitting my exam too. My class studied the Great Gatsby, which was amazing and great to write about. We also did Small Island, which wasn't very popular and I wouldn't recommend it. Other than that, I studied the Ancient Mariner and Rosetti's poetry, both of which I'd strongly recommend as you can write a lot about them!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holamel)
    Hello! I did the exact same board as you and I'm thinking of re-sitting my exam too. My class studied the Great Gatsby, which was amazing and great to write about. We also did Small Island, which wasn't very popular and I wouldn't recommend it. Other than that, I studied the Ancient Mariner and Rosetti's poetry, both of which I'd strongly recommend as you can write a lot about them!!
    It was a pretty horrible exam! Which question did you do for section B?
    I will check out those poetry pieces are you going to to the same texts for the resit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It really was, quite a few people in my class got low marks, thankfully my coursework brought my grade up! Wow that seems like ages ago now but I think I did the question on important events? Yourself?
    They're really cool, tell me what you think! Hopefully I am, I wouldn't resit it if I had to study a whole new set of texts... are you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.