Turn on thread page Beta

Shampoo Bottles watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My family are lazy and leave empty shampoo bottles in the shower, does anyone else have this problem?

ReputationRep:
    its not really a problem to be fair

Just pick up the bottles and put them in the recyling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiar98)
    My family are lazy and leave empty shampoo bottles in the shower, does anyone else have this problem?
    Yes, my family are just lazy in every aspect of the house work. The house is always messy because they can just never keep on top of things which drives me bonkers. I hate visiting, dread having to move back in after uni. Feel so gross there.

And what makes me really annoyed is that it's really not even that hard or time consuming to pick up after yourself. It's only time consuming if you let the mess build up over time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Yes, my family are just lazy in every aspect of the house work. The house is always messy because they can just never keep on top of things which drives me bonkers. I hate visiting, dread having to move back in after uni. Feel so gross there.

And what makes me really annoyed is that it's really not even that hard or time consuming to pick up after yourself. It's only time consuming if you let the mess build up over time.
    Why pick it up when you can leave it on the floor. Somebody else will do it then???

Am in the same boat as you BTW. Drives me ****ing mental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwinnyP)
    Why pick it up when you can leave it on the floor. Somebody else will do it then???

Am in the same boat as you BTW. Drives me ****ing mental.
    Except I moved out ages ago so literally no one picks it up

Haha, glad I'm not the only one. I'm the youngest in my family yet I feel like the only adult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Except I moved out ages ago so literally no one picks it up

Haha, glad I'm not the only one. I'm the youngest in my family yet I feel like the only adult.
    Urgh, means there is a big pile waiting for your return home next summer then? :lol:

I have a sister who is 18 month younger than me, but I feel like her Dad with the amount of times I have to tell her to pick stuff up and stop leaving stuff lying around the house. My mother aint much better TBH. Towels, cups, bathroom stuff, the lot.

Grrrr it's annoying me thinking about it. Can't wait to get away til next summer. Feel like an OCD cleaner :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwinnyP)
    Urgh, means there is a big pile waiting for your return home next summer then? :lol:

I have a sister who is 18 month younger than me, but I feel like her Dad with the amount of times I have to tell her to pick stuff up and stop leaving stuff lying around the house. My mother aint much better TBH. Towels, cups, bathroom stuff, the lot.

Grrrr it's annoying me thinking about it. Can't wait to get away til next summer. Feel like an OCD cleaner :lol:

Haha pretty much, I mean they do their washing and the dishes and my sister will vacuum. But that is all that gets done. So stuff like letters, receipts and newspapers pile up. Then my mum complains that she hates the house, which basically just enrages me and I tell her unless she starts taking responsibility I won't listen to any complaints she has. I got really angry at her once and yelled, surprisingly she apologised and didn't play the mum card to wriggle her way into pretending she was in the right.

I feel your pain, honestly it infuriates me to no end It's so stressful, because living with housemates I have this sort of nonsense of the place getting messy or people acting like children. On top of stuff like noise, which I find really difficult to deal with.

Then I go "home" and it's messy and not very clean so I feel gross there, plus the house is so small and I don't have a room (long story) so I never have my own space. I essentially have nowhere to call home. No place I feel at home.

ReputationRep:
    Luckily, someone else spots an empty bottle and puts into a recycling bag.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.