Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got some sort of small slip through my post today saying that I got a bus fine but I go to college with my Dad every morning and I don't catch the bus, it had my address on it. I don't know how or who could've done that. It's irritating because now I apparently need to pay for something I didn't do? I have no idea how this could've happened, I didn't know people hate me that much, which unfortunate soul would bear this kind of pain upon me. What can I do?because I am certainly not paying for something someone else has done! Shall I call the number on the letter and tell them it was some kind of mistake? What shall I say to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanvirahmed15)
    I got some sort of small slip through my post today saying that I got a bus fine but I go to college with my Dad every morning and I don't catch the bus, it had my address on it. I don't know how or who could've done that. It's irritating because now I apparently need to pay for something I didn't do? I have no idea how this could've happened, I didn't know people hate me that much, which unfortunate soul would bear this kind of pain upon me. What can I do?because I am certainly not paying for something someone else has done! Shall I call the number on the letter and tell them it was some kind of mistake? What shall I say to them?
    No i wouldn't call its most likely a scam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hire a lawyer and attempt to sue the council.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristersS;59357099[url="#64339912")
    Hire[/url] a lawyer and attempt to sue the council.
    Alright, on it right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepheonixburns)
    No i wouldn't call its most likely a scam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately, it is a real one because my brother told me that he got one just like that when he was in college except he got it when he was on the bus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristersS)
    Hire a lawyer and attempt to sue the council.
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    Bin it and get on with the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, it is a real one because my brother told me that he got one just like that when he was in college except he got it when he was on the bus
    How do you it isn't just a forgery?

ReputationRep:
    than I don't understand how you've gotten one if you say you never use the bus

ReputationRep:
    Shall I call the number on the letter and tell them it was some kind of mistake?
    Who does it say it is from? What is the telephone number they give? Either Google them yourself or post them on here.

Do they give you a date, time and bus route number? If not, it sounds like some sort of random scam. If it does, you can challenge it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.