Any tips on how to write effective notes?? How to make the best notes to revise from?
Turn on thread page Beta
- Thread Starter
- 14-09-2015 21:18
- Official Rep
- 16-09-2015 07:03
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.
I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed.
Spoiler:Show(Original post by Tank Girl)
- 16-09-2015 07:32
- For the love of god do not write every single word on a powerpoint or copy word for word from a textbook. Write everything you absolutely fundamentally need, so in the sentence: "functionalists would argue that society should strive towards a value consenus" just write "functionalists want society => value consensus" tada.
- Write as quick as you can as long as it's still legible. No-one cares how pretty handwriting is.
- Is the teacher talking whilst you're making notes? LIsten to what they're saying and add them into your notes, they're there for a reason.
- If you prefer neater notes then rewrite them on a computer or in neater handwriting, though I have never found this necessary.
- For quite a few essay-based subjects you'll need to provide examples; this is the time for you to research some modern examples to stick next to your notes (only if they are 100% necessary).
- Keep them organised Don't have pieces of paper everywhere it will be the bane of your life.