Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've accepted an offer of accommodation for Henderson Hall but I'm just curious if anyone knows what bus to take into the campus/city center, and if there are any passes I can get that make the journey cheaper. I'm from Sunderland so if there's a pass I can use on the Metro as well, that'd be great.

Also, anyone else stopping in these halls? I'm studying Computer Science.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by magic_andrew)
    Hi,
    I've accepted an offer of accommodation for Henderson Hall but I'm just curious if anyone knows what bus to take into the campus/city center, and if there are any passes I can get that make the journey cheaper. I'm from Sunderland so if there's a pass I can use on the Metro as well, that'd be great.

Also, anyone else stopping in these halls? I'm studying Computer Science.
    Hi Andrew,

Henderson Hall is on a road called "Red Hall Drive" and there are a few buses that go between that road and the city centre.

Haymarket Metro & Bus station are literally over the road from the main campus. Buses 305, 306, 308 and 309 will get you to Red Hall Drive. I think they're run by Arriva. There's also the Number 58 from the Civic Centre (between Newcastle & Northumbria Uni and close to the Hancock Pub) and the Number 1 from Central Station or near the Civic Centre.

I used to live in Heaton, a few streets down from Henderson Hall. I would buy a weekly bus ticket and get the Number 1 to get into Uni. I worked in the city centre at weekends so it was worth getting. They do annual tickets for students too. Ticket prices are on the Stagecoach website.

Another option is get the Metro between Monument and Chillingham Road - but it's about 15/20 minutes to walk from Chillingham Road metro to Henderson Hall, and about 10 minutes to walk to the main Uni campus from Monument, so it's not very direct.

Hope that helps

Persephone

ReputationRep:
    Hello Andrew,

I lived at Henderson Hall in the '70s. Bus No. 1 was always wonderful. Regular and punctual. I was surprised to learn that it is still the case.

Jas Hunjan.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.