Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. During my first year of a levels I was unmotivated. I study Geography, Psychology and Maths. My results this year was CDE in that order. However, I didn't know they'd turn out so bad. In every subject one of the units brought my whole grade down. For example, I got a very high B in geography, one mark away from an A in unit one, but got an E in unit two. My first year of alevels, I really didn't know what I wanted to do. I was stuck with what I wanted to do in the future. And I studied last minute, the night before the geography exam too. Everyone tells me I can do much better but I'm just lazy. It's only recently that I realised I really want to do Geography so bad. I know I can do so much better than what I got at AS grades. I'm planning to retake some modules to get at least ABB or AAB. I know I can do it. My sister and brother have gone to UCL and my sister just graduated with a first in chemistry and my bro is studying an MSc for theoretical physics. I'd love to go to UCL to study geography, will the uni reject me because of my AS grades? Thanks so much. I got a U in econmoics too... I didn't realise how much a fourth a level mattered. So I'm studying for a sociiology AS exam this year. I'm so stressed so please help me x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flowergirl56)
    Hi guys. During my first year of a levels I was unmotivated. I study Geography, Psychology and Maths. My results this year was CDE in that order. However, I didn't know they'd turn out so bad. In every subject one of the units brought my whole grade down. For example, I got a very high B in geography, one mark away from an A in unit one, but got an E in unit two. My first year of alevels, I really didn't know what I wanted to do. I was stuck with what I wanted to do in the future. And I studied last minute, the night before the geography exam too. Everyone tells me I can do much better but I'm just lazy. It's only recently that I realised I really want to do Geography so bad. I know I can do so much better than what I got at AS grades. I'm planning to retake some modules to get at least ABB or AAB. I know I can do it. My sister and brother have gone to UCL and my sister just graduated with a first in chemistry and my bro is studying an MSc for theoretical physics. I'd love to go to UCL to study geography, will the uni reject me because of my AS grades? Thanks so much. I got a U in econmoics too... I didn't realise how much a fourth a level mattered. So I'm studying for a sociiology AS exam this year. I'm so stressed so please help me x
    If I were you, I'd take a gap year if you really believe you have what it takes to get into UCL. If your resits go as well as you plan, then surely you'd have a shot, but if you apply this application cycle I think they'd not even look at your application with your current AS levels.
    However, it never hurts to apply, so why not give it a shot! Maybe your predictions are generous.
    Good luck

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.