Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im stuck on deciding between geography psychology and economics ba.What are employment prospects with geo as i have seen conflicting articles some saying that it is a useless degree others saying that it has good employment prospects.Psychology seems to be very popular but i dont want to follow a crowd as their are so many people studying it .Economics seems interesting ive looked into it but still confused which ones out the three i should study.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to know which direction to take, you need to know where you are trying to get to.

What career do you want?
    - does it require a specific degree?
    What do you find interesting?
    What do you find easy?
    What is wrong with following the crowd?
    Do you intend to do a master's degree?
    What sort of subjects do you get your best marks in?

No degree is useless: many jobs just want someone with a 2:2 or a 2:1 and don't care what subject.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I didn't answer your question! Answers are here:

What can I do with my Geography degree?
    Jobs directly related to your degree:
    Jobs where your degree would be useful:

and Using your geography degree: town and transport planning, chartered surveying, land and water management, sustainability, environmental consultancy, development, tourism, conservation, demography, housing and social welfare.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 15, 2015

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.