Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So after cutting 17,000 police officer jobs he now has plans to cut a further 22,000. Now that's what I call a threat to our security.

I'm waiting for the daily mail and sun headlines and the rest of the Tory party to earn us over this threat in sensationalist and hyperbolic language and headlines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    So after cutting 17,000 police officer jobs he now has plans to cut a further 22,000. Now that's what I call a threat to our security.

I'm waiting for the daily mail and sun headlines and the rest of the Tory party to earn us over this threat in sensationalist and hyperbolic language and headlines.
    Still less of a threat than Jeremy Corbin, who would probably give every Iraqi the right to settle here as his way of saying sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Dave is taking us head on for a war with Russia. We should back down like the small island we are!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, how desperate. Unlucky for you lefties, Jeremy wins the prize for greatest national threat

-Extends friendships to Islamic and IRA terror affiliates
    -Has no economic plan or any basic competency for that matter- borrowing on a mass scale and printing money is not sustainable
    -Raising taxes on working families and inflation- a knock on effect from his master economic plan
    -Wants to rid trident
    -Has made it clear, leaving NATO and the UN Security Council is a potential possibility
    -Wants to open our doors to anyone across the world, good luck to the NHS and our schooling system
    -Wants to redistribute powers of the Falklands to Argentina and Gibraltar to Spain
    -Wants to ignore the deficit and national debt (...for now he says )
    -Wants to exercise state powers on the private sector on a scale we have not seen, yes, the business world is wholesomely accepting of that, Im sure it will have no repercussions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    Hahaha, how desperate. Unlucky for you lefties, Jeremy wins the prize for greatest national threat

-Has no economic plan or any basic competency for that matter- borrowing on a mass scale and printing money is not sustainable
    -Wants to rid trident
    -Has made it clear, leaving NATO and the UN Security Council is a potential possibility
    -Wants to open our doors to anyone across the world, good luck to the NHS and our schooling system
    -Want to redistribute powers of the Falklands to Argentina and Gibraltar to Spain
    -Wants to exercise state powers on the private sector on a scale we have not seen, yes, the business world is wholesomely accepting of that, Im sure it will have no repercussions
    Hahahahahhaahh.
    Can't quite tell how you didn't realise this was tongue in cheek and the nonsense you've just written takes the biscuit.

Let the smears and lies continue

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahhaahh.
    Can't quite tell how you didn't realise this was tongue in cheek and the nonsense you've just written takes the biscuit.

Let the smears and lies continue
    Have you not read Corbyn's economic, social or foreign policy?

ReputationRep:
    Have you not read Corbyn's economic, social or foreign policy?
    Why make this about Corbyn?
    Hmmm, you're a bit obsessed aren't you?

Are you not concerned that we're getting rid of so many police officers? Is that not a threat to security?

ReputationRep:

Pinochet was a friend to Baroness Thatcher.

Better printing money and investing it in actual tangible infrastructure than seeing it drain into the financial markets making the rich even richer.

-Wants to rid trident
    Yes, 20,000 army personnel are being cut by a Labour government.

Better our health and education services remain in public hands instead of being flogged off to failing academies and privatized care.

-Want to redistribute powers of the Falklands to Argentina and Gibraltar to Spain
    If that's what their citizens want, then so be it.

We haven't given a **** about that for the last 20 years, so why start now?

Wants to hold corporations accountable because the government is left holding the **** bucket when things go tits up. Yeah, that's a really bad policy. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

-Raising taxes on working families and inflation- a knock on effect from his master economic plan
    -Wants to rid trident
    -Wants to redistribute powers of the Falklands to Argentina and Gibraltar to Spain
    OKAY Imma have to stop you there.....
    The NHS and our schooling system has already gone abroad, alongside other things that truly need to stay British, UNDER THE CAMERON CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT.

Cameron again severely screwed over the working class - I can't see how Corbyn can make it worse.

Conservatives screwed the education system with these dumbass new changes that not a single teacher likes, and the eye-watering tuition fee inflation AND this new abolition of the maintenance grant.

Wtf do the Faulklands have to do with anything - too many people died over a titchy peace of land under Thatcher/Conservative, and it has no benefit other than increasing the land mass of what is owned by the UK.

Although they like to say they did, the Conservatives did not do anything amazing to the British economy single-handedly.

ReputationRep:
    Referencing the smear tactics your tinfoil hat is picking up?

OP the only smears going on around here are the smears on your tongue and cheeks from wherever Corbyn forgot to wipe this morning.

ReputationRep:
    Why make this about Corbyn?
    Hmmm, you're a bit obsessed aren't you?

Are you not concerned that we're getting rid of so many police officers? Is that not a threat to security?
    Corbyn and his policies shape the cabinet and ultimately the Labour party, so to not be concerned about him would be foolish to say the least.

I do not support the Tories, the party I support actually takes pride on one of its policies being the increase of officers on duty. So I am on the right side.

The fact is the Tories are significantly more competent on these issues than Labour is or will ever be. They make cuts but efficient cuts. If you look closely, vital sectors of the force are safeguarded by cuts but it is the unnecessary procedures that fill places that have been cut off. Secret surveillance security got an increase in funding and especially in regards to Cyber crime. The Tories at least make up for the cuts with more efficient and effective policies in place. But they are not perfect and could do a lot better which is why I do not vote for them. Corbyn on the other hand is a tornado, he is dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn and his policies shape the cabinet and ultimately the Labour party, so to not be concerned about him would be foolish to say the least.

I do not support the Tories, the party I support actually takes pride on one of its policies being the increase of officers on duty. So I am on the right side.

The fact is the Tories are significantly more competent on these issues than Labour is will ever be. They make cuts but efficient cuts. If you look closely, vital sectors of the force are safeguarded by cuts but it is the unnecessary procedures that fill places that have been cut off. Secret surveillance security got an increase in funding and especially in regards to Cyber crime. The Tories at least make up for the cuts with more efficient and effective policies in place. But they are not perfect and could do a lot better which is why I do not vote for them. Corbyn on the other hand is a tornado, he is dangerous.
    This thread is not about Corbyn.
    So you're in agreement that Cameron reducing the number of officers is a security threat? Excellent.

ReputationRep:
    On reading the title this genuinely made me laugh, because I have read so many times that the threat to domestic security is Corbyn. I don't belong to either party so I'll just give my views:

Yes, Cameron cutting that many police jobs is making people feel less safe, and I will admit right now that I don't like this policy. Especially when Osborne has announced plans to improve Trident which, to me, seems less necessary that having a strong police force. Personally I don't like Trident and believe it should be scrapped as keeping it kind of assumes that a situation like that will happen, But I understand why some people would want it there as a safety measure, especially with the current potential threats.

However, Corbyn has taken it a little too far in the opposite direction I fear. I read a newspaper headline today that he wants to scrap the army? That, if true, is absolutely ridiculous! He may have aims to make the world a more peaceful place which is great to aim for but leaving the country open isn't going to achieve that. And whilst I'm speaking about Corbyn... I don't approve of all these personal attacks on him. It's not his fault he got elected, all he did was stand for election and 59.5% of people thought he was the better choice. So instead of attacking him personally, just point out the flaws in his policies.

I don't like his views on the Falklands though

To be honest I'm just glad that there is no chance of the two being in the same party! THAT would be a total disaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm336)
    Pinochet was a friend to Baroness Thatcher.

Better printing money and investing it in actual tangible infrastructure than seeing it drain into the financial markets making the rich even richer.

Yes, 20,000 army personnel are being cut by a Labour government.

Better our health and education services remain in public hands instead of being flogged off to failing academies and privatized care.

If that's what their citizens want, then so be it.

We haven't given a **** about that for the last 20 years, so why start now?

Wants to hold corporations accountable because the government is left holding the **** bucket when things go tits up. Yeah, that's a really bad policy. :rolleyes:
    -He was an ally during the Falklands war, we needed him at the time, she was critical of his reign at times but he was a vital ally at the time and she had to stand by him.

-That demonstrates the economic competency of the left. Printing money serves no real purpose in GDP or GDP per person, it has the effect of causing an inflation spike and serves no economic output. Plus there will be an impact on the value of the sterling. Please read up because you have no idea what damage printing money can do. It is child's play, kindergarten economics
    http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/63...rinting-money/

-Cutting army personnel is not the issue. It is our defense capacity that is. Our military power has been valued across the world, not because of numbers (like North korea's 1million+, or India's 1 million+) but by technological innovation and efficiency of armed weapons. We excel and evidence for that is demonstrated by the most of the world purchasing from our armed forces, like that of China, Israel, India, Brazil and many more. Arms trading is another issue though itself.

-The NHS has always remained in public hands, it is always free to the point of use. No patient has been denied treatment ever and you can not find proof for that. In fact Labour began the privatisation that we know but look it up please. You will find it is branches that deal with surgical technology and pharmaceuticals which have undergone privatisation, not healthcare itself. The purpose was too make the foundations of the NHS more sustainable, it will always remain free to the point of use. Stop crying and look at the facts.

-Well their citizens do not, 99+% voted to remain with the UK in the Falklands, all but three people voted NO in the referendum not long ago. It was an overwhelming message to stay with the UK.
    Gibraltar too had an overwhelming NO result in the last referendum. Both territories have had multiple referendums in the past, all of which have 99+% as NO. So Jeremy is wrong to deny them their democratic right to stay with the UK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibral...ferendum,_2002
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-No-votes.html

-This is another example of left wing economic competence- "lets just ignore it, it will go away", well guess what? it wont. Our kids and grand kids will have to foot the bill but hey I guess you left wingers don't give a **** about the future of this nation.

-Labour apparently want to hold businesses to ransom yet if I am not mistaken it is Jean Claude Junker's precious Luxembourg that is a renown tax haven. Unless the party rallies to leave the EU, Germany, France and Junker won't change ****. Tax havens have flourished in the EU, so Jeremy needs to stop pretending he is concerned and grow some balls like Farage.

Also raising corporation tax will simply push the businesses to tax havens, so well done, master plan there mister. Seriously what is wrong with you people?

ReputationRep:
    This thread is not about Corbyn.
    So you're in agreement that Cameron reducing the number of officers is a security threat? Excellent.
    Both are a national threat, the EU wants to federalise which is very dangerous. Since Labour and Conservatives want to stay in they are both leading to the demise of the UK.

I never voted for Tories. I voted UKIP.

I am just willing to acknowledge Labour are ten times the threat the Tories are

ReputationRep:
    Both are a national threat, the EU wants to federalise which is very dangerous. Since Labour and Conservatives want to stay in they are both leading to the demise of the UK.

I never voted for Tories. I voted UKIP.

I am just willing to acknowledge Labour are ten times the threat the Tories are
    This thread isn't about labour...

But I'm glad you agree David Cameron is a threat to security.

Ps you do know Corbyn wants out of the EU ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    On reading the title this genuinely made me laugh, because I have read so many times that the threat to domestic security is Corbyn. I don't belong to either party so I'll just give my views:

Yes, Cameron cutting that many police jobs is making people feel less safe, and I will admit right now that I don't like this policy. Especially when Osborne has announced plans to improve Trident which, to me, seems less necessary that having a strong police force. Personally I don't like Trident and believe it should be scrapped as keeping it kind of assumes that a situation like that will happen, But I understand why some people would want it there as a safety measure, especially with the current potential threats.

However, Corbyn has taken it a little too far in the opposite direction I fear. I read a newspaper headline today that he wants to scrap the army? That, if true, is absolutely ridiculous! He may have aims to make the world a more peaceful place which is great to aim for but leaving the country open isn't going to achieve that. And whilst I'm speaking about Corbyn... I don't approve of all these personal attacks on him. It's not his fault he got elected, all he did was stand for election and 59.5% of people thought he was the better choice. So instead of attacking him personally, just point out the flaws in his policies.

I don't like his views on the Falklands though

To be honest I'm just glad that there is no chance of the two being in the same party! THAT would be a total disaster.
    The left have this notion if we abandon all our warheads, army personnel and armed forces first, our enemies will follow in our footsteps. They generally believe if we demonstrate doing it, ISIS, Putin, North Korea, Iran, Assad, Argentina, China and everyone would look at our honor and join with us.

The left are on some sort of drug. They do not live in the real world. In the real world, humans are dangerous and humanity has been involved in more wars that I can bare to think of. This is why we need real brains in power and not those who live in the world of fantasy.

ReputationRep:
    This thread isn't about labour...

But I'm glad you agree David Cameron is a threat to security.

Ps you do know Corbyn wants out of the EU ?
    I have followed Corbyn throughout the whole campaign and while I understand his opposition, he made it clear he WANTS to stay in, HE DOES NOT WANT TO LEAVE. I remember the interview as clear as day, so yes I am not going down that road, Farage is the only man for the job in my eyes.

Also even if Corbyn wants to leave, the rest of the poison in the Labour party are pro EU as are most of the Tories and so they will just vote against Corbyn, he can't force his MPs to vote with him you know.

ReputationRep:
    I have followed Corbyn throughout the whole campaign and while I understand his opposition, he made it clear he WANTS to stay in, HE DOES NOT WANT TO LEAVE. I remember the interview as clear as day, so yes I am not going down that road, Farage is the only man for the job in my eyes.

Also even if Corbyn wants to leave, the rest of the poison in the Labour party are pro EU as are most of the Tories and so they will just vote against Corbyn, he can't force his MPs to vote with him you know.
    It's a referendum - doesn't matter how his mps vote.

ReputationRep:
    It's a referendum - doesn't matter how his mps vote.
    lets be honest, everyone will vote to stay in. Majority of the public are chickens, they always vote for the system when the idea of stepping into the unknown scares them. Cameron has his supporters round his fingers, this referendum is pathetic and is absolutely pointless.

Do you actually think the out campaign has a chance? We wont win, end of

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.