Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just started my A levels and I have decided on studying in London as it's my favourite location than place such as in the Midlands etc. I want to do a degree in either law or marketing. I will live in London for the 3/4 years, is it expensive? Halls or private accommodation? I want to be in Central London so i was looking at universities such as the University of Westminster, City University London etc, are they good? I don't think I can be in a Russel group university, I think i will get ABB or AAB or BBB as my a levels. Another thing I want to know is what is the average cost of living, food etc and the cost of eating out and night clubs.

ReputationRep:
    It is probably the most expensive choice you could make. Amazing city but yes notoriously very expensive.

Cost of food and leisure: approx £80 a week, more if you're dining out often and/or clubbing frequently
    Rent: £400 a month for a room in a house share is more or less a decent price, in central you'd be looking at more - if you're on campus then it depends on your uni

Clubs in central london usually have entry of about £10-15, drinks small wine: £6, spirit + mixer: £6, cloakroom £3, cab (depends)
    Some clubs have ladies free before 11pm but an average night out, start > finish would be about £30 minimum
    Eating out...what do you like? fancy a cheeky nandos? you're looking at about £12 for a decent meal lol
    A travelcard for tube/bus/tram = £130 a month

If you study in London though, get a job, waitressing gets about £7ph + tips and was enough for me to keep myself alive. Retail is about £7ph + OT and was also enough for me.

All in all, you'll have an amazing time, the city is very busy and multi-cultural, you'll meet so many people from all over and you're never too far from anything, it's a great place to study and there are a lot of discounts for students in shops, clubs and travel.

Hope this helps

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.