Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    More specifically adult nursing

I just want an idea of how many people apply and how many people get accepted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Vanessa.)

It becomes more and more competitive each year. There was an article not so long ago about the most popular courses applied for each year and nursing is on the increase.
    At my university there are roughly 3000 applications for approximately 400 places.
    So you can imagine this will vary slightly from one university to another as places depend on funding etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers

9 or 10 applicants for every place or so I ve read.

ReputationRep:

Its hugely competitive - partly the reason because its a free degree - kindly funded by the NHS. They look for people who have experience etc, so you know what your in for. And the drop out rate is quite high too.

ReputationRep:

It is EXTREMELY competitive!!!!

If you get at least one offer from your chosen universities, then you're in luck.

All the best!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2015
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.